Team Misadventure

General talk, queries & comments about the Great Victorian Bike Ride.
Shaz
Volunteer Moderator

Team Misadventure

Postby Shaz » Thu 23 Mar 2006, 10:34 pm

If anyone is interested in Team Misadventure post here. :D

matagi

Postby matagi » Thu 23 Mar 2006, 11:08 pm

For those who only read the GVBR discussion and want to know what the hell this Team Misadventure stuff is, check out the "Saw the funniest thing this morning ..... " thread under Cycling Discussion.

onyourbike

Postby onyourbike » Wed 29 Mar 2006, 8:31 am

Hey Shazza,
How ya go-in ?
I have been keeping up with Team misadventure since it started and have decided well it was fun with FFP last year, so this year i will be with both groups, i'd imagine that both groups will more likely be together anyway.
Keep up the riding, because this year will be fun 8)
Better to try & fail than not try at all

Shaz
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Shaz » Wed 29 Mar 2006, 10:45 am

Hey Geoff, I'm goin' good. How you doin'. looks like justin-m would like to merge Team Misadventure and FFP. Sounds good to me. The more the merrier. (Specially in Cafe De Cavnvas). :wink:

onyourbike

Postby onyourbike » Wed 29 Mar 2006, 2:10 pm

Hi Sharon,

i'm doin fine thanks, well if we have this catch up day/ night it will be good to see you there, its also good to put a face to the names and if we all keep in-touch it will make GVBR 06 a whole lot better.
Better to try & fail than not try at all

Shaz
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Shaz » Wed 29 Mar 2006, 2:13 pm

Thanx Geoff. sounds like a plan.

Shaz
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Shaz » Wed 29 Mar 2006, 9:12 pm

Ok, those who want Team Misadventure to go ahead we need to put our thinking caps on. Do we get T-shirts or Jerseys? Maybe we could choose what we want. I prefer T's or singlets myself. We dont, need to have all the same, do we? We don't even have to have the same color. As long as the design on the back is the same. Nada, it would be hard for you to organise t's or jerseys. you would have to collect sizes and then money. Probably easier to organise our own. What do you think? One design I like is the cover of Bon Jovi's new CD. A wicked, evil, smiley face. That would go with our forum Emoticons. We could have TEAM MISADVENTURE across the top, with the face in the middle and maybe our forum name or our own name at the bottom. Or have our own name or our forum name on the front acrrss our chest, with other "MIS" words on the back underneath the face. Words like mischievious/misconduct/misdeamenor.. I think I'll bags MISBEHAVEN first.
If you have a different desgn post it and we will see what others think.
The GVBR will be here before we know it. team Misadventure, Get thinkin'

Frosty
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Frosty » Thu 30 Mar 2006, 7:21 am

Shaz,

Sounds good..

Is it possible to show us what you are thinking.
One of our forum members 'Nard' was instrumental in the design of last year's FFP logo. I suggest that you 'pm' Nard and see what happens or if you have someone else who can help.

I would buy a jersey and/or T shirt.

As you say there isn't that much time, so getting it organised soon, would be very benefical.

Shaz
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Shaz » Thu 30 Mar 2006, 12:03 pm

Thanx Frosty, I will get on to it in the next couple of days.
I thought everybody could help (if they want) with the design. Mine was a mere thought. People might dislike my idea. So come on people. Get some ideas down.

matagi

Postby matagi » Mon 10 Apr 2006, 6:10 pm

Shaz, have been away for a few weeks so am only just catching up with emails and forums.

There are several companies who will do jerseys with your logo of choice, they advertise in the cycling mags. The more jerseys you order, the cheaper the cost per jersey, this is also true for T-shirts.

If nobody else volunteers, then I will put my hand up to act as a central repository for payments and ordering the jerseys, if we can decide on a logo, colours, etc.

I'll put my thinking cap on vis a vis a logo and see what I can come up with but be warned - I am very fond of the blue-green colour spectrum. :)

Nada

sunburyprince
Volunteer Moderator

Postby sunburyprince » Mon 10 Apr 2006, 6:40 pm

As one of those who has been involved in FFP for the past 2 GVBR's I would like to merge and mix it up a bit, so if people are happy with that, let's do it! Any help I can give I will be happy too do so!
missing in action!

Shaz
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Shaz » Mon 10 Apr 2006, 8:26 pm

Hey Matagi, welcome back! :D did you have a nice Break. Was it work or play?
If you want to do the running around after the shirts that would be great. If there is anything for me to do let me know.

Welcome sunburyprince. Maybe you can give us some pointers on what we need to do for this to be successful, (seeing that you have done this before).
I didn't think Team Misadventure would go this far. I am glad it has. It will be great. I can't wait.

sunburyprince
Volunteer Moderator

Postby sunburyprince » Wed 12 Apr 2006, 4:20 am

Sharon, what did you have in mind? How big do you want it to get? How involved do you want it to become? Just a few things to think about! As for the jersey idea, I think that is great, and I am in the process of talking to a few people to see what sort of deals we could do!
missing in action!

Frosty
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Frosty » Wed 12 Apr 2006, 6:28 am

Hi Shaz,

Just to follow along Ben's point of view. How big do you want to get.

We had approx 60 FFP forum members attend dinners at Swan Hill on the Friday night before the GVBR. We had to have 2 dinners as we couldn't get anymore than 40 in a restaurant.
Each day at the Cafe de Canvas from 4pm onwards we had 20 to 30 FFP members visit our tables.

And that was with a very small BV Forum membership.

I agree that the name "FFP" definitely has to change and "Team Misadventure" is as good as any.

Shaz
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Shaz » Wed 12 Apr 2006, 9:12 am

Sunburyprince, i don't know. Is there such a thing a too big? I have never been involved in anything like this. I would like to be very involved. Matagi is also looking into jerseys. You guys might want to talk to each other. Last year we had our screen printing and embroidering done for free. I can look into that again! What other things do we need to do? Are we stepping on anyones toes from the FFP?

Frosty, I went to the dinner that Bone Marrow organised in Swan Hill, which was attended by Tara Moss and her yummy personal trainer, you guys should have come to that. There was plenty of room. And we had a great time.

I have come up with a design, very simple but i like it. I can't load it tho. The easiest way to it is through private web space. I don't have that. Snuffy was a great help.Thanx Snuffy.

Return to “Great Victorian Bike Ride discussion”