Box Hill to Ringwood Rail Trail

Chat about anything two-wheeled (or one or three) or generally relating to Bicycle Network.
2cvmad

Re: Box Hill to Ringwood Rail Trail

Postby 2cvmad » Thu 08 Aug 2019, 7:56 pm

The diversion at Heatherdale rd is a a shocker even considering im a local. The first time i tried it I tired of the diversion and turned off down the Eastlink path.

But what I find more annoying is the Springvale rd crossing. Heading east the path just seems to stop at Springvale rd. There are no directions on where to cross and no signage on where to pick up the path again. This intersection in particular is an example of where cycle tunnel under Springvale rd would have allowed the bikes to be separated from the crossing and all the foot traffic milling around the area.

The crossing on Mitcham rd is little better.

Considering its a relatively modern construction it does little give confidence in future bike paths built in Victoria

Ian S

Mike.Ayling

Re: Box Hill to Ringwood Rail Trail

Postby Mike.Ayling » Sat 24 Aug 2019, 8:38 am

2cvmad wrote:But what I find more annoying is the Springvale rd crossing. Heading east the path just seems to stop at Springvale rd. There are no directions on where to cross and no signage on where to pick up the path again.

Ian S

Mary and I rode the trail yesterday.

There is a new ped crossing not yet completed on the south side of Nunawading Railway Station just opposite Station Street.

Yay!

Mike
E-Bikes - Great for the sick, lame and lazy.

Return to “Cycling discussion”