Melbourne lockdown

Chat about anything two-wheeled (or one or three) or generally relating to Bicycle Network.
Tennisdude

Re: Melbourne lockdown

Postby Tennisdude » Mon 31 Aug 2020, 11:39 pm

mtb101 wrote:what model you get?
Got a Wahoo Kickr, hopefully it should be arriving this week ;)

rgcrgc

Postby rgcrgc » Tue 01 Sep 2020, 7:22 pm

I note the lockdown easing rules include the banning of carpooling. Given that, I suspect, PT usage will also be well down, I can only hope that there is still a lot of WFH* because, otherwise, the roads are going to be crammed! Commute cycling may become interesting.

*I say this very selfishly because my current client has indicated, in no uncertain terms, that they will require their workforce to return to the office as soon as allowed for "critical business reasons"
Navis volitans mea plena anguillarum est

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Tue 01 Sep 2020, 8:27 pm

rgcrgc wrote:I note the lockdown easing rules include the banning of carpooling. Given that, I suspect, PT usage will also be well down, I can only hope that there is still a lot of WFH* because, otherwise, the roads are going to be crammed! Commute cycling may become interesting.

*I say this very selfishly because my current client has indicated, in no uncertain terms, that they will require their workforce to return to the office as soon as allowed for "critical business reasons"

Partly explains some of those super keen to ease restrictions and reduce emergency / disaster powers. Get everyone back to the office...

Agree, roads are full of cars and likely to be moreso as people will avoid PT as long as possible.

Claude Cat

Postby Claude Cat » Mon 14 Sep 2020, 10:42 am

Yay, back to up to 2 hours exercise / riding a day again.

Mike.Ayling

Postby Mike.Ayling » Tue 15 Sep 2020, 8:36 am

Code for:
We want you here so we can see how much work you are actually doing.

Mike
E-Bikes - Great for the sick, lame and lazy.

rgcrgc

Postby rgcrgc » Tue 15 Sep 2020, 8:02 pm

Mike.Ayling wrote:Code for:
We want you here so we can see how much work you are actually doing.

Mike

Hence the rabbit ears. Although what is wonderfully ironic about that (and not in a Morrisette (A) kind of way) is that they were agitating for a "flexible working arrangement" (aka WFH with hot desking if you MUST come into the office) in the before times and viewed covid as the perfect opportunity to implement the policy.
Navis volitans mea plena anguillarum est

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Mon 12 Oct 2020, 8:41 am

No more Buff wearing unfortunately: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/ ... d/12752128
Still posting. Still riding.

mtb101

Postby mtb101 » Tue 13 Oct 2020, 10:21 am

Matt1 wrote:No more Buff wearing unfortunately: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/ ... d/12752128
but we're riding so not an issue.
If you are doing exercise or physical activity where you are out of breath or puffing, such as jogging or running, you do not need to wear a face mask. You do have to carry a face mask with you so you can wear it before or after exercising, unless you have a lawful exception.

so just carry. after and before, mask.
__________flow................___________

jvb

Postby jvb » Wed 14 Oct 2020, 4:13 pm

Matt1 wrote:No more Buff wearing unfortunately: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/ ... d/12752128

I normally carry / wear a fitted gaiter or buff, which is allowed. Well that is what the DHHS web site says.

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/face-masks-vic-covid-19#can-i-wear-a-snood-buff-or-gaiter-instead-of-a-masknbsp

Claude Cat

Postby Claude Cat » Wed 14 Oct 2020, 7:54 pm

jvb wrote:

I normally carry / wear a fitted gaiter or buff, which is allowed. Well that is what the DHHS web site says.

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/face-masks-vic-covid-19#can-i-wear-a-snood-buff-or-gaiter-instead-of-a-masknbsp

Cool.

I have the fitted buff from Curve and it's pretty good.

https://www.curvecycling.com.au/products/buff-mask

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Wed 14 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm

^ Is that filtered or fitted? Not too sure that would pass muster. I did enjoy image searching "fitted curve buff" though :D
Still posting. Still riding.

jvb

Postby jvb » Thu 15 Oct 2020, 2:16 pm

Matt1 wrote:^ Is that filtered or fitted? Not too sure that would pass muster. I did enjoy image searching "fitted curve buff" though :D

Fitted, approved by the DHHS as requested by the construction union. Popular with construction workers.

Claude Cat

Postby Claude Cat » Thu 15 Oct 2020, 5:54 pm

Matt1 wrote:^ Is that filtered or fitted? Not too sure that would pass muster. I did enjoy image searching "fitted curve buff" though :D

Both.
It has a replaceable PM2.5 filter in front of the nose / mouth (comes with quite a few replacement filters).
It's fitted across the nose - a bendy bit of wire folds to the shape of your nose to ensure no gaps.

Claude Cat

Postby Claude Cat » Thu 15 Oct 2020, 5:56 pm

So the whisper is 20km from home to be announced this Sunday! :D

jvb

Postby jvb » Thu 15 Oct 2020, 6:13 pm

Claude Cat wrote:So the whisper is 20km from home to be announced this Sunday! :D

Sorry, don't think that is good enough.
Should be at least all of Metropolitan Melbourne.
I'm sick of just riding in the Dandenongs. I want some flat roads and want to ride to St. Kilda.

Return to “Cycling discussion”