MTB - Mountain Biking Discussion

Chat about anything two-wheeled (or one or three) or generally relating to Bicycle Network.
Snuffy
Volunteer Moderator

Re: MTB - Mountain Biking Discussion

Postby Snuffy » Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:51 pm

Reaching new levels of softness!

The Duckmeister

Postby The Duckmeister » Fri 24 Apr 2015, 9:49 pm

Just ride the bloody thing and enjoy yourself!

Dalai

Postby Dalai » Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:39 pm

Nice to see DM. All that hard work by yourself and the RedHillRiders and other local MTB riders has finally paid off!

The Duckmeister

Postby The Duckmeister » Wed 13 May 2015, 9:15 am

Official Opening this Sunday, 17th at 8:30, at the water tank on Arthurs Seat Rd (about 100 metres west of Main Creek Rd intersection). Come & join the celebration! :D

mtb101

Postby mtb101 » Sun 17 May 2015, 12:47 pm

__________flow................___________

the lone rider

Postby the lone rider » Mon 25 May 2015, 6:08 pm

Thoughts on the new trail at Buxton for anyone thats been up recently?

Went today, the climb up is tuff, good luck to 1x10 club. View across to Cathedral Range is incredible, and then its quick. Didnt even attempt any of the gaps, im no good at them anyway but they are big ones. Can see some accidents waiting to happen and there is no fire trails to get an ambo in, maybe its good thing not many venture out there.

The Duckmeister

Postby The Duckmeister » Mon 25 May 2015, 6:33 pm

Haven't been up to check out the new bit, but there's been some discussion on Rororburn mentioning a few stacks already. Might have to go up for a squizz before they close it for the winter.

Snuffy
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Snuffy » Mon 25 May 2015, 9:16 pm

the lone rider wrote:Thoughts on the new trail at Buxton for anyone thats been up recently?

Went today, the climb up is tuff, good luck to 1x10 club. View across to Cathedral Range is incredible, and then its quick. Didnt even attempt any of the gaps, im no good at them anyway but they are big ones. Can see some accidents waiting to happen and there is no fire trails to get an ambo in, maybe its good thing not many venture out there.

Oh?

More climbing than what used to be there? It's always been SS territory for me in the past...

the lone rider

Postby the lone rider » Tue 26 May 2015, 6:18 am

Snuffy wrote:
the lone rider wrote:Thoughts on the new trail at Buxton for anyone thats been up recently?

Oh?

More climbing than what used to be there? It's always been SS territory for me in the past...

They basically doubled the length of the rollercoaster bit at the end, to get up to the start of it is nearly a 1k climb a bit steeper than anything else there. Bit similar to the Comm games climb at Lysty.

Snuffy
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Snuffy » Tue 26 May 2015, 7:37 am

Hmmmmm

Doable on the SS, but I think the 1x10 hardtail might have to come out. That last bit is always the most fun with a bit of bounce :D

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Mon 01 Jun 2015, 1:13 pm

Shot out to Lysterfield on Friday lunch time since I was working from home. Had an awesome time, except for a little OTB action. No harm done. Managed to roll on my right hand side, slightly graze the elbow and bruise my thigh. Caught the whole thing on camera so I can look back at what a n00b I was. Nobody else saw me so it's OK :)

MattyP

Postby MattyP » Mon 26 Sep 2016, 7:15 am

I got to ride on some international rock formations last week. It was fun. :mrgreen: Moab slickrock!

the lone rider

Postby the lone rider » Sat 15 Oct 2016, 8:29 pm

Anybody here ridden Silvan or know of some kind of map floating around on the web somewhere?

Ventured out there today but struggled for a bit to find my way around or figure which trails are which and what direction I should be heading. A lot of potential for a good set-up if it gets the green light and legalised. Was starting to have fun until a stick bent my RD. :cry:

Return to “Cycling discussion”