Australia's most irresponsible parent

Chat about anything two-wheeled (or one or three) or generally relating to Bicycle Network.
roshea
Volunteer Moderator

Australia's most irresponsible parent

Postby roshea » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:15 am

Last week, it was this woman:

Today, it's Perko:

No helmets, no brakes, no lights, no hands, not even a friggin bell to protect him from cars! He's already been hit by a car this week; you'd think he'd know better.
Office use only.

B1k3B0y

Re: Australia's most irresponsible parent

Postby B1k3B0y » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:27 am

I was wondering when someone was going to post this in jest. Have the Hun got onto it yet. I am too afraid to look :)

manning

Postby manning » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:28 am

:lol: hehe was waiting for something like this

Also slightly OT, but I noticed the glaring ommision from the front page of the Hun the other week with "Australia's worst parent" after that woman crashed her car with 7yr old in the back...with a BAC of 0.35 :roll:

weg

Postby weg » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:30 am

+1. Crowd loved it. :D

Riding Every Day

Postby Riding Every Day » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:55 am

Like peeling back a scab - I've just returned from grabbing a coffee down the road.
Flicked through the Hun while waiting. Hmm.......bogan-ball & Schapelle Corby dominating the front end of the rag. Bogan-ball dominating the first 10 pages at the back end of the rag too.
The Track Worlds made a 1/4 page segment - >10 pages in from the back. It's only a World Championship I guess. Held right here in our backyard. :lol:

Loved that Perkins pic too.
Do you really need a fvcking law to tell you not to text & drive?

schwarz

Postby schwarz » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 11:09 am

weg wrote:+1. Crowd loved it. :D

So did the kid. :wink:

Shaken but stirred.

ajft

Postby ajft » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

schwarz wrote:
weg wrote:+1. Crowd loved it. :D

So did the kid. :wink:

It's a brilliant photo, scared to let Mr nearly four see it just in case he starts getting ideas!

blybo

Postby blybo » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:51 pm

Riding Every Day wrote:Like peeling back a scab - I've just returned from grabbing a coffee down the road.
Flicked through the Hun while waiting. Hmm.......bogan-ball & Schapelle Corby dominating the front end of the rag. Bogan-ball dominating the first 10 pages at the back end of the rag too.
The Track Worlds made a 1/4 page segment - >10 pages in from the back. It's only a World Championship I guess. Held right here in our backyard. :lol:

Loved that Perkins pic too.

If that paper really gives you so much grief why do you continue to read it?

Neil
The older I get, the better I was...

Riding Every Day

Postby Riding Every Day » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:43 pm

You're really on a roll here this arvo aren't you? :lol:
What, have I upset your bogan-meter lambasting the Herald Sun? You're not offended again are you? I think that's the line you took last time I mentioned something bogan-ball related. I'm too tired to trade witty repartee with the likes of you this afternoon. I'm off.
Please spare me any further justifications as to how great your life / choices are. I know you desperately want to. Find somebody else to bore eh? :D
Do you really need a fvcking law to tell you not to text & drive?

blybo

Postby blybo » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:53 pm

Riding Every Day wrote:You're really on a roll here this arvo aren't you? :lol:
What, have I upset your bogan-meter lambasting the Herald Sun? You're not offended again are you? I think that's the line you took last time I mentioned something bogan-ball related. I'm too tired to trade witty repartee with the likes of you this afternoon. I'm off.
Please spare me any further justifications as to how great your life / choices are. I know you desperately want to. Find somebody else to bore eh? :D

Just trying to save you some angst. You seem to have enough already without reading stuff you know upsets you.
Neil

The older I get, the better I was...

lekoshe

Postby lekoshe » Sat 07 Apr 2012, 5:58 pm

blybo wrote:If that paper really gives you so much grief why do you continue to read it?

Since when did the Herald Sun qualify as a newspaper?

Next you'll be calling their staff "journalists".

It's a slippery slope from there to thinking that Australian politicians are some kind of worthwhile public servant.

Marx

Postby Marx » Sat 07 Apr 2012, 7:38 pm

lekoshe wrote:
blybo wrote:If that paper really gives you so much grief why do you continue to read it?

Since when did the Herald Sun qualify as a newspaper?

Next you'll be calling their staff "journalists".

It's a slippery slope from there to thinking that Australian politicians are some kind of worthwhile public servant.

Although, it has been proven over the last couple of decades, that aussie politicians have done a better job – overall considering - than just about anyone else in the world. Even if you discount the dodge of the Global Financial Crisis due to the local resources boom.

It’s the media’s edit of a lot of what is said in local politics that is to blame or the public’s opinion. It’s when I sit down & watch shows like Q&A, where pollies are given more than the 10second sound bite, that I see what they are saying in context
Just a bike & a place to ride.

Percrime
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Percrime » Sat 07 Apr 2012, 7:56 pm

Just today I rode a rail trail.. where an old railway line.. through a now booming area was torn up because it did not make a profit.
Don.t make me laugh. Only a few Aussie pollies would think twice if you offered them the job of PM and a firing squad in 5 years. 4 years ahead is all they are capable of seeing.

And yes.. there are a very few who can see that far ahead. Pity they dont seem to win the day.

Aeeek

Postby Aeeek » Sat 07 Apr 2012, 9:29 pm

Percrime wrote:Just today I rode a rail trail

that's a win
Speed Thrills

lekoshe

Postby lekoshe » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 8:31 am

Marx wrote:it has been proven

By whom? By the Herald Sun? The claim is nonsensical. More so when you realise that Australia is not run by politicians, it is run by public servants in conjunction with assorted qangos and private industry. The effects of most parliamentary legislation and changes to policy are usually felt many years after enactment, and very few decisions of genuine choice are offered to ministers. Thankfully.

Personally I leave ABC News 24 on all day whilst working, and it usually gets turned off when they cut to an unedited press conference and/or parliament and I get to hear what these monkeys have to say beyond the soundbite. I rate politicians in "minutes": number of minutes before I can't bear to hear them anymore. I detest the low and venal standard of debate that is offered by all parties.

It is a continuing insult to our collective intelligence; see also: the Herald Sun. Your best bet: don't read it, don't buy it, don't visit their website.

Return to “Cycling discussion”