The weather-watch thread

Chat about anything two-wheeled (or one or three) or generally relating to Bicycle Network.
Matt1

Re: The weather-watch thread

Postby Matt1 » Fri 05 Feb 2021, 4:31 pm

Not sure which is less reliable - the BoM radar or the forecast. Managed to get a smidge over 2mm in the rain gauge this arvo. Lucky I don't live near a river or creek, otherwise I'd be in real trouble :lol:
Still posting. Still riding.

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Tue 23 Mar 2021, 4:23 pm

A fair bit of rain forecast for the next few days. I just hope I can get a ride or two in before Victoria reopens the hotel quarantine to cause the next big lockdown.
Still posting. Still riding.

victor

Postby victor » Sun 11 Apr 2021, 9:41 am

I was lucky to get 4 weeks with little or no rain for my return to bicycle commuting, but that's over now, I think! I might as well get used to wearing rain gear on my commutes every week, and thoroughly cleaning the bike every weekend.

Frosty
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Frosty » Sun 11 Apr 2021, 3:44 pm

I hadn't ridden since 22nd Feb until last Friday 9th April, due to various medical dramas.
Thank God, I am back to normal for as normal as an old fart can be. :D

It may be a coincident or not but since 22nd Feb, the Gold Coast Seaway which is less than a kilometer from us, across the Broadwater has just happen to have received 600.8mm of rain.
I put it to you that even if I was 100% fit, I wouldn't have ridden, as it appeared to be a tad damp under foot.

In comparison, we used to live within a kilometer of the Moorabbin Airport and for the same period of time, they received 88mm. Pittance. :D

I don't know where this post is going, so I will finish it with a photo of what I have to put up with. Living in an apartment overlooking the Broadwater.
When it is sunny, like today, it is heaven. When it is absolutely bucketing down, it is still heaven. :D

Enjoy my photo.

Return to “Cycling discussion”