Cycling-friendly accommodation near Modane?

victor

Cycling-friendly accommodation near Modane?

Postby victor » Thu 05 Sep 2019, 5:26 pm

I'm trying to find cycling friendly accommodation somewhere near Modane, in the Vallée de la Maurienne. It should

1. have a secure undercover bicycle storage area
2. provide breakfast (dinner would be nice also, but I can go to restaurants for those if needed)
3. be anywhere from about Forneaux to Avrieux (and possibly Aussois)

Regards & thanks,

--- Victor.

jvb

Re: Cycling-friendly accommodation near Modane?

Postby jvb » Sun 08 Sep 2019, 10:43 am

Are you going again? You just got back.

victor

Postby victor » Mon 09 Sep 2019, 7:32 pm

jvb wrote:Are you going again? You just got back.

No, just planning next year's trip. These overseas trips take a fair bit of planning, and it's never too early to start it.

victor

Postby victor » Sun 08 Dec 2019, 1:33 pm

Mission accomplished, I think. I found a nice hotel in Modane, and also determined (via emailed question) that they provide secure bicycle storage. It's the Hôtel le Commerce, and looks nice on the inside (based on Google Maps review photos) and has reasonable prices. Unfortunately, I won't be able to return there until 2022, but it will make a good base for cycling one of the best cycling valleys in the world, the Vallée de la Maurienne :) There are so many good climbs going up from that valley, not surprising really, given the valley is 110km long :shock: Guess where Modane is located in the valley ? In the exact middle, that's where! So it's ideal for exploring as much of the valley as possible.

Return to “Bike Touring”