Tucker Trays

The West Australian Great WA Bike Ride is going West in 2011!
Jennifer M

Tucker Trays

Postby Jennifer M » Fri 24 Sep 2010, 11:57 pm

I participated in the 2006 GWABR, and took with me one of the Tucker Trays that were marketed through Bicycle Victoria (or at least I found out about them here...hey, it was a while ago). It is a fabulous plate and bowl arrangement that folds out to a firm tray and was perfect for eating breakfast and dinner perched on ones knees, and packing a sandwich in for a snack on the ride. I have now convinced my family to join me on the ride in 2011, so need 2 more. Can anyone tell me where I can find them? Thanks

mags

Re: Tucker Trays

Postby mags » Fri 08 Oct 2010, 10:59 pm

Hi Jennifer,
I seem to recall a post from a past ride that said the trays are not for sale any more. I think the suggestion was to rifle around op shops or mother-in-law cupboards to find one or two trays. My guilty secret is that I take 8 plates and 8 bowls and throw them out after each meal. I know it's not sustainable but from a hygiene point of view I feel better.
Mags

Cycle Chic

Postby Cycle Chic » Sat 09 Oct 2010, 7:03 pm

Hi, we have tucker trays but do what Mag does and perch some paper plates on the top of them as I hate the washing facility with a passion. I also take lots of wet wipes to give the trays a clean over for when there are spills off the paper plates. Also take plastic knifes and forks as nothing worse trying to wash greasy food off with coldish water.

jigger

Postby jigger » Sun 10 Oct 2010, 4:04 pm

It seems the tucker tray is available ....try here
Jigger
Never Forget The Joy Of The Ride!

Return to “2011 The West Australian Great WA Bike Ride”