Any "sand gropers" heading to NZ?

The Great Escapade is going to New Zealand in 2012.
sou'wester

Any "sand gropers" heading to NZ?

Postby sou'wester » Sun 25 Dec 2011, 3:11 pm

:P OK ... So it is only a matter of weeks now before we head off to NZ for what looks like a brilliant 9 days touring the land of the long white cloud. SO WHO IS EXCITED??? I know I am and I can hardly wait to get started. Are there any other "sand gropers" heading over?
My partner and I are well into our training but we live in Busselton so, as any of you who did the WA escapades my remember, we don't have many hills near by to train on. I am banking on endurance training being enough to get us over most.
Merry Christmas Escapaders!

milesaway

Re: Any "sand gropers" heading to NZ?

Postby milesaway » Fri 13 Jan 2012, 11:46 pm

Yes my husband and I am going, my husband is volunteering, I am doing the ride, said goodby to my bike today, along with about 13 others. Hope to see you over there.....

sou'wester

Postby sou'wester » Fri 20 Jan 2012, 11:01 am

Excellent! I can't beleive how quiet the forum has been with such a fabulous ride looming. Our bikes have also headed east and I am resigned to riding a very heavy old mountain bike to try to retain what fitness I had. The thought of the mountains scare me a little but BV have alway done an excellent job in the past of finding the best route for the rider so I am sure we will be fine. Hope to catch up with WA rider there...

Janette

Postby Janette » Fri 20 Jan 2012, 5:35 pm

From Tassie not WA - plenty of hills down our way for training - Can't wait and hope the weather is kind to us.

AdamGrabek

Postby AdamGrabek » Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

Also from Tassie - I did the 2004 ride in the South Island - best ride ever - hope this one is as good. The WA ride March 2011 has some hills, the GNZBR should not be any worse.

milesaway

Postby milesaway » Sat 11 Feb 2012, 3:20 pm

Hello everyone...This time next week we will all be in Gisborne.
I can smell the rain from here :mrgreen:

Return to “2012 Great Escapade - New Zealand”