Pro women's cycling

This replaces the previous forums at womenscycling.com.au.
weg

Re: Pro women's cycling

Postby weg » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:45 pm

Fixie, from prowomenscycling:
The Australian coverage seems to start at 14:05 CEST (1:05pm BST/8:05am EDT/10:05pm AEST). I’ve only found direct reference to this on Australia’s SBS Cycling Central, where they say:

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/vi ... lonne-2017 blah chicks online blah, cos SBS is showing broadcast at 10:55.

Apparently this coverage might also be on the European Eurosport Player from 14:15 CEST (1:15pm BST; 8:15am EDT) but without commentary, and that definitely wouldn’t be live.

So maybe delayed feed online?

macca33

Postby macca33 » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 6:05 pm

fixie wrote:Anyway, Flèche Wallone is on tonight and I have still to find a source for the feed for the Womens race. Was able to watch business end of the Amstel Gold Women's which was quite exciting, thanks to Claude above.

steephill.tv should have it
'dale CAAD10 Berzerker & Jamis Xenith Elite & Focus Mares CX

macca33

Postby macca33 » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 6:11 pm

parawolf wrote:
JAC wrote:
Dalai wrote:
JAC wrote:An elite or U23 race licence is around $330. with no discount for students. Plus bike/s, kit, entry fees and training fees. It's a LOT of money to find if you are paying for yourself.

Under 23 is $225.

Maybe it pays to shop around? Not that low at a number of clubs I looked at on the website. :?

Don't confuse the CA licence with the CA Licence + Club Membership costs.

SKCC U23 = $377
CCCC U23 = $367
Bruns U23 = $360
Coburg U23 = $332
Cobram U23 = $327

Cycling Australia Race licence - http://membership.cycling.org.au/Packages/Racing

Hmm, VERY interesting that - some clubs definitely taking a chunk of cash from their members, over and above what CA charges..... Not sure what they provide for the extra cash either...
'dale CAAD10 Berzerker & Jamis Xenith Elite & Focus Mares CX

weg

Postby weg » Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:30 pm

Is that what counts as coverage of cycling now? Or just women's cycling? Hopeless. :roll:

Edit: commentary starting, of men, at 10.31.

parawolf
Volunteer Moderator

Postby parawolf » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 4:01 pm

macca33 wrote:Hmm, VERY interesting that - some clubs definitely taking a chunk of cash from their members, over and above what CA charges..... Not sure what they provide for the extra cash either...

Some clubs have extensive clubrooms (which are capital funded by city council, but running costs are clubs - such as Brunswick). The funds also go into running club official events such as AGM, Monthly meeting locations when offsite (eg: no club rooms available), and club running costs (printing, website, social media advertising, and forward planning with external parties).

So clubs that are more active on all of those fronts, even if they have many members, probably have quite justifiable Club Membership costs.
Buy a bike, park the car, ride your ass off...

weg

Postby weg » Thu 20 Jul 2017, 2:28 pm

SBS is showing 2.5 hours of LaCourse tonight from 6pm. Longer coverage than previously I think, but I wonder if it's worth the loss of Paris crowds and prestige. Not that there was a choice.

The format is odd but they had to do something after the tone deaf decision to replace the Paris crit with a hill climb, so they added the second stage after learning women can ride two days in a row I guess. So the top 20ish climbers from stage one go into a tt pursuit the same day as the men (coverage unknown). And few climbers are great tters, so all the spin in the world doesn't make it a showcase of the best in each discipline. If they'd let the whole field do it, with a Paris crit chaser to make a three day stage race, fine. I'm over it.

weg

Postby weg » Thu 20 Jul 2017, 8:27 pm

Good race with lots of support in social media and roadside. And despite the delay in commentary, good call by Ant McCrossan and Sharon Laws.

Snuffy
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Snuffy » Thu 20 Jul 2017, 9:19 pm

dang... missed watching it due to an 18 month old chucking a MASSIVE tanty about not washing her hands before dinner

*sigh*
Reaching new levels of softness!

weg

Postby weg » Fri 21 Jul 2017, 9:49 am

^SBS was promoting a replay so it should be around.

Sorry for the spoiler but this is awesome (via Daniel Lloyd, last 5km of Izoard) ...

weg

Postby weg » Sat 22 Jul 2017, 2:47 pm

La Course stage two on SBS tonight at 9pm. Much more coverage than previously; just hope it's not cut too short for chizzes from the tdf show. Hope it's McCrossan and Laws again.

Return to “Women's Cycling”