Mavic women's shoes sizing

This replaces the previous forums at womenscycling.com.au.
weg

Mavic women's shoes sizing

Postby weg » Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:14 am

Hey ladies. Does anyone have experience with Mavic shoe sizing? I wear 38 Spec (mtb and touring), Nike road and Diadora road, but the CRC man has been spectacularly unhelpful with whether they equate to a 38 or 38.7 Mavic. Anyone?

Canuck

Re: Mavic women's shoes sizing

Postby Canuck » Tue 20 Jan 2015, 10:59 am

Sorry, weg, never tried Mavic. But I feel your pain. Clothing and shoe sizing varies so much between brands (not just cycling...) despite many pretending there is some sort of equivalent standardisation :evil:

fixie

Postby fixie » Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:40 pm

This chart is a bit old but is comprehensive and connects Mavic with the standards but more usefully with an actual footlength. No idea about widths. http://www.mavic.com/sites/default/file ... rt_eng.pdf

I used to have a comprehensive across many brands chart of the equivelants between each brand except it was done before Mavic started making shoes.
I shall do a search and post it if I can find it. Unfortunately the shop that created and published it is no longer in business.
Stay fixed. Keeping a cool head.

weg

Postby weg » Tue 20 Jan 2015, 3:21 pm

Thanks guys. The chart (linked at CRC also) doesn't make sense fixie, sadly. It shows a foot length of 239.6 for a 38, and 243.8 for a 38 2/3 (which is some sort of Hogwarts size). And my foot is 230. :? Although I'm a 35-36 in civvies. It would be different if you could get good women's shoes here but we all know chicks don't ride bikes, and the return postage is too high to be viable. I still have some winter boots I don't need. Just thought someone might have cross-brand knowledge. :)

Return to “Women's Cycling”