Cyclocross! - Dirty Deeds wants you to race!

This replaces the previous forums at womenscycling.com.au.
blakey

Re: Cyclocross! - Dirty Deeds wants you to race!

Postby blakey » Fri 17 Jun 2011, 3:29 pm

barefoot wrote:Are runbikes permitted under UCI rules?

The UCI holds no sway over our kids races. We will also turn a blind eye to parents lifting said runbike & child over the barriers.

This isn't 100% yet, but I may have a loaner bike available for any women that want to race but don't have a CX legal bike.

It's a 1x7sp CX conversion (Shogun Metro SE with drop bars fitted) with a ~55cm effective top tube (high bars mean it'll feel shorter though) and a 42cm seat tube (Max saddle to BB is about 70cm), so good for short legs, and tons of standover clearance.

I will confirm if it's available tomorrow lunchtime.

baudman
Location: Some of us are in the gutter, we are all looking out for cars

Postby baudman » Fri 17 Jun 2011, 3:36 pm

blakey wrote:The UCI holds no sway over our kids races. We will also turn a blind eye to parents lifting said runbike & child over the barriers.

Meh.

Heather

Postby Heather » Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:28 pm

Kate wrote:To take the pressure off anyone who feels they may look silly, I shall be wearing a skin suit with pink flames on it. Yep - taking one for the team!
I can manage to look silly on a bike without dressing up...should fit right in :lol: :lol:
I'm not bossy, I just have better ideas!

Jugglingogre

Postby Jugglingogre » Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:40 pm

Kate wrote:Don't forget there is a kids race as well. If you know anyone under 15 who wants a legitimate excuse to ride through puddles - bring them along!

It's events like this I wish we still lived closer to Melbourne.....My 11YO big girl loves mud and puddles and I nearly lost her one day at Mt Clay in a 4wd rut big enough to swallow a mini. I went around, Lu went in :D
N+1...My daughter gets it, SWMBO doesn't :?

blakey

Postby blakey » Sat 18 Jun 2011, 1:11 pm

blakey wrote:This isn't 100% yet, but I may have a loaner bike available for any women that want to race but don't have a CX legal bike.

Loaner bike has been claimed for Round #1.

blakey

Postby blakey » Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:19 pm

Great to see 10 women racing in the CX category last Sunday. Top effort!

I saw a mention in the DDCX thread that someone didn't ride their 650C bike as the rules specified 700C for CX. As per UCI regs, 650C & 26" wheels can be used if that's the most appropriate size for the frame.

Did you race in the open or CX category at the prologue or round 1? If so, could you please get in touch with Eleanor over at Helmets are Hot:
http://helmetsarehot.net/2011/06/round- ... -all-good/

Finally, looking for a small CX rig that's ready to race?

Here's a sweet Reynolds 725 52cm Genesis Croix De Fer Cyclocross, with disc brakes and Tiagra running gear:
http://bit.ly/iQX3vg

Stay tuned for skills session details...

weg

Postby weg » Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:53 pm

Thanks for encouraging us in! Great fun, and all the passing B graders were polite and safe.

Looking forward to the skills session. :)

Kate

Postby Kate » Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

Details about the skills session this coming Sunday the 3rd of July - http://dirtydeedscx.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... tself.html

Hope to see some of you there!

Kate

Postby Kate » Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:43 pm

Thanks to those hardy souls who ventured out for the women's cyclocross skills session at Darebin Parklands today. It was so good to see such enthusiasm for cross and a genuine desire to hone skills for the upcoming events. In about an hour participants made remarkable progress with dismounts, barrier jumping and remounts. Thanks to Nik and Blakey for their help with technique and general encouragement.

Watch out for some ladies with mad skills at the next Dirty Deeds event!

weg

Postby weg » Sun 03 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

Thanks for organising Kate. And Nik and Blakey for all the tips and demos; great stuff. :D

weg

Postby weg » Thu 14 Jul 2011, 8:42 pm

Anyone mounting up for Sunday? And has anyone tried it in a skirt?

Heather

Postby Heather » Thu 14 Jul 2011, 9:07 pm

After doing this last time on a roadie with normal brakes...I'm not sure if I want to do this again. If I had photos of my bike after the event, you might understand what I mean. Also, I'm not sure if my cyclocross bike boy (fattima) is willing to clean my bike again (which included installing new rear brake pads & pulling apart the rear brakes coz they wouldn't work).
But it was sooo much fun! :D Will there be beer again? :mrgreen:

Yes, I do own a skirt...
I'm not bossy, I just have better ideas!

weg

Postby weg » Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:48 am

Heather wrote:If I had photos of my bike after the event, you might understand what I mean. Also, I'm not sure if my cyclocross bike boy (fattima) is willing to clean my bike again (which included installing new rear brake pads & pulling apart the rear brakes coz they wouldn't work).

Yeah, pressure wash on the day ftw. And even then I rode in the wet to clean out the tread, and still needed a big wash. But sheesh, bike boys complaining? :wink:

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:50 am

Not sure if I can come this time :( Would be almost worth it to check out the 'skirts' :wink:

weg

Postby weg » Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:58 am

Canuck wrote:Not sure if I can come this time :( Would be almost worth it to check out the 'skirts' :wink:

:( Thought you were a chance. Skirt could be fun but might add to the tangles.

Return to “Women's Cycling”