women's beach rd cycling group

This replaces the previous forums at womenscycling.com.au.
Canuck

Re: women's beach rd cycling group

Postby Canuck » Sun 25 Aug 2013, 1:06 pm

:D we ride again! albeit a couple members short...
Marti and I enjoyed a lovely 1:20 and discovered a magically delicious hazelnut hot chocolate! :o
I set out with 'recovery' in mind, and happily, my legs now feel much better than last night! I'm seeing a long road back before the 250 in January, though :oops:

wordnerd

Postby wordnerd » Sun 25 Aug 2013, 3:57 pm

Canuck wrote:a magically delicious hazelnut hot chocolate!

do tell more!!

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sun 25 Aug 2013, 4:49 pm

wordnerd wrote:

do tell more!!

I think the cafe is called 'ripe'... In Sassafras. The kind where you melt the chocolate n add steamed milk. We asked about buying the choc - $35 for .... think it was 1.5kg? Or was it 2? :? Either way, there was no way we were hauling it back today (my pockets were already full...) But it sounds like something we could purchase and split up... :D

oldmanonabike

Postby oldmanonabike » Mon 26 Aug 2013, 10:37 am

Canuck wrote::D we ride again! albeit a couple members short...
Marti and I enjoyed a lovely 1:20 and discovered a magically delicious hazelnut hot chocolate! :o
I set out with 'recovery' in mind, and happily, my legs now feel much better than last night! I'm seeing a long road back before the 250 in January, though :oops:

Did you have an "Honorary member" yesterday? I did happen to see a regular RRR rider on a black Pinarello lurking around one of the RRR regroup points as you were climbing up Boronia Rd from the freeway.
Greg

Every ride is its own adventure..

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Mon 26 Aug 2013, 10:43 am

oldmanonabike wrote:
Canuck wrote::D we ride again! albeit a couple members short...

Did you have an "Honorary member" yesterday? I did happen to see a regular RRR rider on a black Pinarello lurking around one of the RRR regroup points as you were climbing up Boronia Rd from the freeway.

there was perhaps one rider who joined for part of the journey heading out.....

;)

Atomic Kitten

Postby Atomic Kitten » Mon 26 Aug 2013, 10:57 am

Canuck wrote:
wordnerd wrote:

do tell more!!

I think the cafe is called 'ripe'... In Sassafras. The kind where you melt the chocolate n add steamed milk. We asked about buying the choc - $35 for .... think it was 1.5kg? Or was it 2? :? Either way, there was no way we were hauling it back today (my pockets were already full...) But it sounds like something we could purchase and split up... :D

Yes I have also experienced this delight. Truly worth it. And they have had an open fire in winter which is also amazing when wet and cold.

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:09 pm

We're getting the band back together....

Seemed appropriate here rather than the rec ride thread. We revived the group!! It's been a couple years since all four of us got out together, and it was great to do it again! :D Missed rain, got some good headwind on the way out, and some informal sprint points on the way back. Crepes in the city afterward. Winter sunshine......

70km all up.

wordnerd

Postby wordnerd » Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:32 pm

Mmmmmm.... crepes.

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sun 10 Jan 2016, 5:17 pm

^^ Ahhhhh, nostalgia

We had an attempt to regroup three of the original four this morning, but alas, only two of us made it out. And, believe it or not, we actually rode Beach Rd! :o

I think this was my seventh time back on the bike since giving it up very early last year growing bub. The bike needed some air in the tires, and I made sure there were tubes, and a pump to go along. No lube to be found, so not running as smoothly as it should...although I cannot recall the last time any sort of servicing was done on the poor beast...

wordnerd and I set out for Blackrock with light hearts and in my case, even lighter pockets. In my lack of riding daze and focus on wrangling The Boy prior to departure from home, I completely forgot that one may get hungry while riding and require sustenance. This is seemingly accentuated by the practice of also feeding one's own young. Calories are my friend! Thankfully wordnerd shared her food at Blackrock before we headed back to some snacks in the CBD, and then onward home.

It was by no means a quick ride, although there was a very short portion where the desire to hop onto the wheels of a small passing group of three was too hard to resist; we sat back from them but still felt the thrill of almost wheel sucking :lol:

We parted ways at the antiroundabout and I crawled home up St Georges via the shared path.... Almost doubled my longest post-bub ride to date, a bit shy of 70km.

weg

Postby weg » Sun 10 Jan 2016, 6:54 pm

Well done both of you.

wordnerd

Postby wordnerd » Sun 10 Jan 2016, 7:48 pm

I got home, had a shower, discussed going somewhere for lunch, laid down on the bed for some mummy/bubba cuddles and promptly fell asleep with a baby on my chest.

ian

Postby ian » Sun 10 Jan 2016, 9:55 pm

Bravo to both of you, well done!
Sanity. It's overrated.

www.iansgarage.com.au

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 1:27 pm

fixie

Postby fixie » Sun 17 Jan 2016, 11:16 pm

Not hanging around either. Well done. You'll be back on top in no time. In fact you are probably there already. Impressive.
Stay fixed. Keeping a cool head.

Return to “Women's Cycling”