women's beach rd cycling group

This replaces the previous forums at womenscycling.com.au.
Canuck

Re: women's beach rd cycling group

Postby Canuck » Tue 19 Jan 2016, 1:58 pm

fixie wrote:Not hanging around either. Well done. You'll be back on top in no time. In fact you are probably there already. Impressive.

Thanks for the kind words, fixie. Can't speak for wordnerd, but I am definitely not 'back on top' yet. More like just beginning the climb...

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sat 23 Jan 2016, 9:04 pm

And then there were three. Of our original four, that is.

Waiting on a mate...

When I left the norf, it was barely drizzling... and I rode out of it quickly... and then through another rain band... and then back into very light rain as I met wordnerd at the antiroundabout. Marti only agreed to come because it wasn't raining. Just a bit of drizzle. Yup. Drizzle. That's what it was. Some rather heavy, heavy drizzle. And wind. But mostly non-rainlike heavy drizzle.

We decided no cafe stop and all went directly to our respective homes and showers following our ride....

wordnerd

Postby wordnerd » Sat 23 Jan 2016, 9:51 pm

Mmmmmm.... such fun scrubbing it off in the shower. :roll:

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sun 23 Feb 2020, 8:36 pm

This seemed the approrpriate thread.
wordnerd instigated a Beach Rd ride for Saturday - Heather and I showed up. I am not riding these days, other than a trip here and there. The proposed 100km Franga return seemed silly, so I only did 116km. Thankfully they took it easy on me.

Pub stop for beer and food post-ride.
Good weather, but I didn't sunscreen enough on the legs - ouch on the right in a couple of patches. I think I'm coming down with a cold now..

Heather

Postby Heather » Tue 25 Feb 2020, 7:30 am

Canuck wrote:This seemed the approrpriate thread.
wordnerd instigated a Beach Rd ride for Saturday - Heather and I showed up. I am not riding these days, other than a trip here and there. The proposed 100km Franga return seemed silly, so I only did 116km. Thankfully they took it easy on me.

Pub stop for beer and food post-ride.
Good weather, but I didn't sunscreen enough on the legs - ouch on the right in a couple of patches. I think I'm coming down with a cold now..

Lots of fun...thanks! Awesome to know there is a pub/beer stop at the end! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm not bossy, I just have better ideas!

Return to “Women's Cycling”