Last warm-up ride

General talk, queries & comments about the Great Victorian Bike Ride.
myfanwee

Last warm-up ride

Postby myfanwee » Mon 21 Nov 2005, 12:40 pm

Did a great ride over the weekend as a last warmup ride. Went down to Bairnsdale and rode the East Gippsland Trail to Nowa Nowa and then down to Lakes Entrance for the night then back up to Nowa Nowa on Sunday morning and back up the trail to Bairnsdale (88kms per day). I'm a little (lot!!) sore but it gave me a good taste of whats to come and I'm getting really excited!! :D

What did everyone else do over the weekend as a final warmup / training ride?

grobinson

Postby grobinson » Mon 21 Nov 2005, 1:38 pm

My warm up consisted of partially dismantling and boxing 3 bikes. I'm exhausted!! :?
Bianchi Man

Renegade

Postby Renegade » Mon 21 Nov 2005, 5:37 pm

Mowed the lawn, washed the car and bought a bike rack for the roof of the car. :wink:

I've actually backed off the riding over the last couple of weeks due to various soft tissue injuries i have attained from other sports. (which i am still playing due to them being team sports).

Before that i was doing about 100km a week and also ATB.

Much better than my effort last year of dusting the bike off with a 17km shakedown 2 weeks before to make sure the bike still worked after a 3 year hiatus.

oneson1

Postby oneson1 » Mon 21 Nov 2005, 7:36 pm

Went to the shops on bike.....twice!

hugh
Commit random acts of kindness

Jane Admore

Postby Jane Admore » Tue 22 Nov 2005, 9:10 am

Sounds good. I did a long desired/feared ascent of our local Waitakere Ranges - straight up (slowly) 250m then undulating climb to 440m so know I can make it up the hills - did a couple of 90k days last weekend so know we can make the distance - important at 'more mature' years. The GVBR has been amazing for getting back into it. IUts all become infectious too - a vertible park up of bikes out side our office now. If anyone needs local NZ info on similar rides (individual -no 3000+ people rides here yet) - keep my email contact for when you've recovered from this one. Few flies, some quiet roads, 3 days with hot pools each night etc - some rain probably guaranteed tho.
Cheers Jane
Kiwis

Return to “Great Victorian Bike Ride discussion”