Santini Face Masks

Some shop for carbon fibre, some simply for spare tubes. Share your experiences of visiting your local bike shop.
Mike.Ayling

Santini Face Masks

Postby Mike.Ayling » Sun 26 Jul 2020, 9:26 am

A bargain at $129.95 from Cecil Walker Cycles.

A back story about being made in Italy. After their Choina Virus outbreak Santini stopped their cycling clothing line and started making masks to try and address the shortage in Italy.

BTW is this suggesting that cyclists in Melbourne should wear masks?

Mike
E-Bikes - Great for the sick, lame and lazy.

Matt1

Re: Santini Face Masks

Postby Matt1 » Sun 26 Jul 2020, 5:28 pm

Many years ago, forumers were talking up the "Buff" scarf thing. I bought one but found it pretty useless. It then sat largely forgotten in the chest of drawers until last week, so I now have a "mask".
Still posting. Still riding.

baudman
Location: Some of us are in the gutter, we are all looking out for cars

Postby baudman » Fri 31 Jul 2020, 3:53 pm

Bargain! :lol: :shock: :roll:

I've been using various, including a Buff.

But, my fave is from SWRVE. I bought a jacket from them about a year ago, and pretty-much live in it. On their mailing list, I saw they were doing masks. Bit the bullet and got some (you need to get quite a few for cheap shipping). Ordered at 6pm on a Friday. They arrived 2pm that following Monday. From LA. Luckily, it's my favourite mask. By a wide margin. I'd like to get a couple more.

But then, Barefoot has his own design. (Can you ping people in here? I forget. Does he still have his login?) :lol:

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sun 02 Aug 2020, 6:59 am

^ those Swrve ones look good, baudman.

I'm waiting on a few delivered from an Australian place, including an extra for the Boy. I've got a homemade one from Helgirl from first lockdown, and now have homemade ones from LovinDirt's SIL - those are my current faves. One of each: Batman comic, Daleks, the TARDIS.

Some of mine can take a filter as extra layer. All wash well at high temps.

I'm at work four days a week so need enough to wash, air dry, and wear pretty much daily, with a back up on hand, etc.

Return to “Bike Shops and Shopping”