1 in 20 Rides

Organise and talk about upcoming rides group rides. Don't forget to check the "Find a ride" calendar too!
nez
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed 29 May 2013, 8:28 pm
Location: Eastern suburbs vic
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby nez » Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:11 pm

nez wrote:so after a few false starts I finally managed to do the 1 in 20 today. got there early before the blackburn cc event and completed the ascent in 24min. rode up within my abilities and could have gone a little quicker but was quite happy to take it easy this first time. The descent was pretty straightfoward - I was slow but once again, happy to take it easy the first time. Had a local in a black ute pass WAY TOO close to my liking. I could have change radio stations for him he was that close. otherwise, it was a fun ride and im looking forward to having another crack in a few weeks time.


did a 18:51 on Sunday morning and I'm quite chuffed with myself. Followed up with a 21:18 up the Wall. The peripheral vision was starting to go dark near the top of the 1:20 and I was certainly hurting. Hopefully I can crack 18 minutes by the end of the year.

User avatar
GreenAlias
Posts: 1900
Joined: Fri 13 Nov 2009, 3:12 pm
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby GreenAlias » Thu 30 Jul 2015, 8:53 pm

Hazard on the road today

Image

wagger
Posts: 8164
Joined: Sun 16 Oct 2005, 5:13 pm
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby wagger » Fri 28 Aug 2015, 9:49 am

Tell me what has become of my rights
Am I invisible because you ignore me?

User avatar
hamishm
Posts: 2386
Joined: Tue 14 Oct 2008, 9:39 pm
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby hamishm » Tue 08 Sep 2015, 2:39 pm

wagger wrote:Roadworks on the Basin roundabout:

https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/gener ... cKUg%3D%3D


Nice. People drive like bloody idiots through there, resulting in at least one cyclist's death in the last couple of years. Plus another moron nearly wrote me off in my car one Saturday evening.

User avatar
mb27
Posts: 975
Joined: Mon 31 Jul 2006, 4:16 pm
Location: Melb
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby mb27 » Tue 22 Sep 2015, 10:45 am

i did a couple of repeats up the 1in20 on Sunday morning. good weather and what a great bit of road.

Dalai
Posts: 3225
Joined: Tue 20 Nov 2007, 3:26 pm
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby Dalai » Tue 22 Sep 2015, 11:30 am

Blackburn Cycling Club are running the The 2015 Regional Hill Climb Championships Sunday 27th with the first rider off at 9am. Therefore probably best to avoid for a few hours this Sunday morning...

User avatar
JAC
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed 18 Jun 2008, 9:13 pm
Location: Ashburton
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby JAC » Tue 22 Sep 2015, 11:37 am

Dalai wrote:Blackburn Cycling Club are running the The 2015 Regional Hill Climb Championships Sunday 27th with the first rider off at 9am. Therefore probably best to avoid for a few hours this Sunday morning...


Or better yet.........send an entry in and join the fun. Entries close Friday. More information here:

http://www.bbn.org.au/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=220631
18/1000 sec from winning lemon tart - but was allowed to have one anyway!!

User avatar
cyclotaur
Posts: 2535
Joined: Wed 22 Dec 2010, 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby cyclotaur » Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm

I got my photo taken (and shown on BCC website :D ) a few years ago when I rode the 1:20 when they were running their TT... didn't notice them at the start and was impressed with the riders whipping by every 30sec or so until I figured it out!
Riding, not racing ... http://reddyneddy.blogspot.com.au/

User avatar
cyclotaur
Posts: 2535
Joined: Wed 22 Dec 2010, 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby cyclotaur » Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:37 pm

36 hours off a plane from 3 months in Europe (not riding) and I managed 36:22 ( :lol: :P ) up 1:20 and my mate waited 15 minutes for me at Kalorama after doing Skyhigh as well whilst k rolled along the tourist road.

I think he thought I'd pranged or died!

I should add that I have a best of 21:34 (3 years ago) so you can see how far out the back a 3 month break puts you! :shock:

But I have fantastic tan lines for September. :mrgreen:
Riding, not racing ... http://reddyneddy.blogspot.com.au/

User avatar
Canuck
Posts: 9507
Joined: Sat 30 May 2009, 9:28 pm
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby Canuck » Sun 27 Sep 2015, 12:12 am

cyclotaur wrote:I got my photo taken (and shown on BCC website :D ) a few years ago when I rode the 1:20 when they were running their TT... didn't notice them at the start and was impressed with the riders whipping by every 30sec or so until I figured it out!

I was in someone's shot a couple years ago (?) when they were doing the Boulie TT. Unlike you, I knew they would be there and went for a run to watch :)

PS - re: your 1 in 20 time - good to know I'm not the only one on the long climb back to fitness!Welcome home.

User avatar
cyclotaur
Posts: 2535
Joined: Wed 22 Dec 2010, 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby cyclotaur » Sun 27 Sep 2015, 10:29 am

Canuck wrote:.....
PS - re: your 1 in 20 time - good to know I'm not the only one on the long climb back to fitness! Welcome home.

Thanks - I hope the tan lines will get me through the ATB200(Sorrento) .... :shock:
Riding, not racing ... http://reddyneddy.blogspot.com.au/

User avatar
JAC
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed 18 Jun 2008, 9:13 pm
Location: Ashburton
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby JAC » Sun 27 Sep 2015, 3:45 pm

Regional Hill Climb and Blackburn Club Championships - results.

Mens Elite/ A grade was won by Brendan Canty with a blistering time of 12min 57.34seconds. :!:

I haven't been up the 1 in 20 since recovering from my splat! , but I was hoping to stay under 30 minutes. I almost did. 30min 3.06 seconds.
I managed to pull away slightly from my 30 sec "hound", but never sighted my bunnies.
Only entrant from my age group, so I was rewarded with shiny things.

Perfect weather!
18/1000 sec from winning lemon tart - but was allowed to have one anyway!!

User avatar
Canuck
Posts: 9507
Joined: Sat 30 May 2009, 9:28 pm
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby Canuck » Sun 27 Sep 2015, 4:48 pm

cyclotaur wrote:
Canuck wrote:.....
PS - re: your 1 in 20 time - good to know I'm not the only one on the long climb back to fitness! Welcome home.

Thanks - I hope the tan lines will get me through the ATB200(Sorrento) .... :shock:

Are you planning on hitchhiking?* :|


*show a little leg, etc, etc

User avatar
Canuck
Posts: 9507
Joined: Sat 30 May 2009, 9:28 pm
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby Canuck » Sun 27 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm

JAC wrote:Regional Hill Climb and Blackburn Club Championships - results.

Mens Elite/ A grade was won by Brendan Canty with a blistering time of 12min 57.34seconds. :!:

I haven't been up the 1 in 20 since recovering from my splat! , but I was hoping to stay under 30 minutes. I almost did. 30min 3.06 seconds.
I managed to pull away slightly from my 30 sec "hound", but never sighted my bunnies.
Only entrant from my age group, so I was rewarded with shiny things.

Perfect weather!

Wow, he is fast...

Good stuff, JAC.

User avatar
GreenAlias
Posts: 1900
Joined: Fri 13 Nov 2009, 3:12 pm
Contact:

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby GreenAlias » Mon 28 Sep 2015, 5:56 pm

cyclotaur wrote:36 hours off a plane from 3 months in Europe (not riding)


Welcome to Australia. Glad to see you back - now I might have a chance of keeping up ;)


Return to “Plan a ride”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests