Western Region Ride (WRR)

Organise and talk about upcoming rides group rides. Don't forget to check the "Find a ride" calendar too!
thelankymanx2

Re: Western Region Ride (WRR)

Postby thelankymanx2 » Sat 30 Nov 2013, 11:01 pm

Hey.

I have just moved out West to Footscray and I am looking for a regular road ride. Is this ride still running?

Thanks
Alistair

02mick

Postby 02mick » Wed 21 Dec 2016, 8:19 pm

Hi All,
not sure if this going to lead to any sucses but i figured i would give it a go.
i just moved from perth to sunny sunshine and strugling to find any groups or descent rides.
is there anyone here i got perhaps tag along with for a couple of rides?
thanks, mick

GreenAlias

Postby GreenAlias » Wed 28 Dec 2016, 8:18 am

02mick wrote: ...... i just moved from perth to sunny sunshine and strugling to find any groups or descent rides. .......

The Melbourne Cycling group frequently run rides in the western suburbs. However, they don't have a fixed schedule, all their rides are random & on short notice (less than a week) so you have to watch their website daily to see what has popped up. See Here

They're a bit quiet at the moment because of the Xmas/NY holiday season but they'll pick up again during January. They also have a Facebook page where you can introduce yourself and participate in discussions - but rides are only announced on the official website (not on Facebook)

thorle

Postby thorle » Wed 28 Dec 2016, 2:08 pm

02mick wrote:Hi All,
not sure if this going to lead to any sucses but i figured i would give it a go.
i just moved from perth to sunny sunshine and strugling to find any groups or descent rides.
is there anyone here i got perhaps tag along with for a couple of rides?
thanks, mick

Hi Mick. We usually do this ride on a Wed afternoon. However, today's conditions are not conducive to safe riding so we won't be doing it again until next week. We usually start at about 4.00pm.
Cherish yesterday, Dream tomorrow, Ride today

Return to “Plan a ride”