RR: North Road Ride

Organise and talk about upcoming rides group rides. Don't forget to check the "Find a ride" calendar too!
macca33

Re: RR: North Road Ride

Postby macca33 » Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:38 pm

I won't be riding it again for some time due to a change of work location, but what I did notice is that most, if not all of the rides, were getting quicker and quicker over the past few months - even the Friday 0545 has become more than a 'recovery' ride.

There are also that many rides now 0540, 0545, 0555, 0600 and a myriad of shop rides, one is never guaranteed of finding the right bunch...hahaha - makes for more fun I guess.

cheers
'dale CAAD10 Berzerker & Jamis Xenith Elite & Focus Mares CX

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Sun 17 Apr 2016, 11:08 am

Thought i'd pop in and see you are all doing?

Seems like the road scene on here is much quieter than the past, but i'm guessing that forums are less of a flavour than other social media outlets.

Hope some are still doing these rides, and keeping it real...

Best wishes

Twowheels
Socially Awkward & Surgically Incisive...

Frosty
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Frosty » Mon 18 Apr 2016, 7:23 am

twowheels wrote:Thought i'd pop in and see you are all doing?

Seems like the road scene on here is much quieter than the past, but i'm guessing that forums are less of a flavour than other social media outlets.

Hope some are still doing these rides, and keeping it real...

Best wishes

Twowheels

Hi Tom. Wayne.

parawolf
Volunteer Moderator

Postby parawolf » Fri 27 Jan 2017, 3:31 pm

Does no one do this ride anymore? or just not on here? Has all bike chatter retreated to strava?
Buy a bike, park the car, ride your ass off...

SBright

Postby SBright » Mon 04 Feb 2019, 8:10 pm

Wow this thread has gone really quiet. First day back on the NRR after about a five year break. Lots of familiar faces.

parawolf
Volunteer Moderator

Postby parawolf » Tue 05 Feb 2019, 4:19 pm

SBright wrote:Wow this thread has gone really quiet. First day back on the NRR after about a five year break. Lots of familiar faces.

Interested to know how it goes - how as speed on a Tuesday morning? what time departure were you in? eg: Tuesday used to be 5:45am was moderate down and fast back, with 6am being the 'hounds' doing fast down and fast back. Curious to know the other morning starts also like Mondays and Fridays being recovery speeds?

(edit) just realised you wrote this for a Monday night... and i'm reading on a Tuesday.... How was the monday? What start time? etc
Buy a bike, park the car, ride your ass off...

SBright

Postby SBright » Tue 05 Feb 2019, 7:07 pm

Was the 5:45 Monday. I'd call it recovery speed, 32kmh average over the duration. Nice and orderly with no excitement.

Might try to roll out of bed again tomorrow. Then the real question will be whether to go long.

Return to “Plan a ride”