RR: North Road Ride

Organise and talk about upcoming rides group rides. Don't forget to check the "Find a ride" calendar too!
Ritch

Re: RR: North Road Ride

Postby Ritch » Tue 29 Nov 2011, 8:32 am

I haven't done Tues 0545h for a while - much larger bunch than in winter! Nicely strung out from Mordy, only maybe ten out of the eighty-ish riders taking turns. Sprint at the BP was nice and safe thanks to the big turn of pace put on through Elwood eliminating most of the bunch. It is definitely a lot safer when someone stretches it all out into single file at speed rather than easing off and having thirty blokes trying to push their way through.

Ritch

brycerider

Postby brycerider » Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:05 am

Sat on a large 6am bunch on the way down to Mordi this morning. Can tell it was holidya season based on the big bunch 30+ who were going long to Mt Eliza.

Let the 6am go and picked up with a group of 4 for a nice hard hammer up to Bay Street helped along by a steady southerly.
Just shut up and ride!

Ritch

Postby Ritch » Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:13 am

If the rider in front says Stopping (for a red light that is well red by the time they get there), then the aft rider(s) should also stop. Just sayin'.

Ritch

brycerider

Postby brycerider » Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:31 am

I hear you - too many tools scared to have to work to get back onto a recovery ride :lol: The church group was twice the size of the regular NRR this morning. 30 blokes following five TT bikes. :roll: Was a good alternative when it was a dozen strong with everyone rolling turns.
Just shut up and ride!

Ritch

Postby Ritch » Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:00 am

I continued to the roundabout and a good sized group rode back at a wind-assisted-just-above-recovery pace. Very civilized and a good opportunity for many of the less experienced folks to improve their skills. Nice day for it too.

Ritch

brycerider

Postby brycerider » Mon 09 Jan 2012, 9:22 am

Very breezy bayside this morning. Rolled out ahead of the 6am and picked up by the "church" group at the Beaumauris hotel. The pace was all over the shop thanks to the very strong and gusty westerly. The brakes got a good workout. TT boys not present - perhaps the wind was a bit too much for their Zipp discs?
Just shut up and ride!

parawolf
Volunteer Moderator

Postby parawolf » Mon 09 Jan 2012, 9:30 am

brycerider wrote:Very breezy bayside this morning. Rolled out ahead of the 6am and picked up by the "church" group at the Beaumauris hotel. The pace was all over the shop thanks to the very strong and gusty westerly. The brakes got a good workout. TT boys not present - perhaps the wind was a bit too much for their Zipp discs?

National TT Champs are tomorrow IIRC, so anyone serious about their TT will be on taper today.
Buy a bike, park the car, ride your ass off...

NEH

Postby NEH » Mon 27 Feb 2012, 5:45 pm

Hey guys,

I've searched the forum, but couldn't find a consistent answer...

I've been doing the Thurs 5:45 NRR ride for the past month and have found it to be a good, solid hit out. However, I can no longer do the Thurs due to work, but am considering doing the Wed AM (short) instead.

How does the Wed compare to the Thursday 5:45? I'd assume it's fairly similar on the way to Mordi & then probably a bit slower on the way back from Mordi to St Kilda?!

Thanks

Ritch

Postby Ritch » Mon 27 Feb 2012, 6:10 pm

NEH wrote:Hey guys,

I've been doing the Thurs 5:45 NRR ride for the past month and have found it to be a good, solid hit out. However, I can no longer do the Thurs due to work, but am considering doing the Wed AM (short) instead.

How does the Wed compare to the Thursday 5:45? I'd assume it's fairly similar on the way to Mordi & then probably a bit slower on the way back from Mordi to St Kilda?!

Thanks

Wednesday is slower. Same on the way down, dual lines heading back up Beach Rd with both lines' lead riders dropping off after maybe 1km or so... at least that's how it was when I last did it.

Ritch

Weeeeeee

Postby Weeeeeee » Mon 27 Feb 2012, 7:00 pm

Ritch wrote:
NEH wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks

Wednesday is slower. Same on the way down, dual lines heading back up Beach Rd with both lines' lead riders dropping off after maybe 1km or so... at least that's how it was when I last did it.

Ritch

Tues is supposed to be the same as Thurs.
It just takes 1 idiot...

brycerider

Postby brycerider » Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:14 pm

What Weeee said
Just shut up and ride!

Weeeeeee

Postby Weeeeeee » Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:16 pm

brycerider wrote:What Weeee said

Or click on the Page 1 link for this thread and look at the first post.
It just takes 1 idiot...

brycerider

Postby brycerider » Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:23 pm

That works too....must say I only jump on the 6am very occasionally these days because I am in awe of the bunch riding skill that some people display :wink:
Just shut up and ride!

Weeeeeee

Postby Weeeeeee » Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:30 pm

brycerider wrote:That works too....must say I only jump on the 6am very occasionally these days because I am in awe of the bunch riding skill that some people display :wink:

Yeah...it's like those movies where people can walk through walls...shame it doesn't work in real life :roll:
It just takes 1 idiot...

Weeeeeee

Postby Weeeeeee » Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:30 pm

(hand wave) these are not the droids you are looking for...
It just takes 1 idiot...

Return to “Plan a ride”