Drag Drain Drags, Flemington, Sunday 9th Sept midday.

Organise and talk about upcoming rides group rides. Don't forget to check the "Find a ride" calendar too!
Marx

Drag Drain Drags, Flemington, Sunday 9th Sept midday.

Postby Marx » Fri 08 Sep 2017, 2:53 pm

Don't be bored at home this Sunday, go here:

DRAG RACES IN DRAG IN THE FLEMINGTON DRAINS
Bringing you an excellent day of racing and debauchery from midday on Sunday the 10th of September.
Join us for a sprint tournament, tunes, booze and a heap of drag....
The format is double elimination sprints over 100m so everyone is guaranteed at least 2 races All entrants must be in drag to race. How you define drag is up to you, however this is non negotiable… no drag, no race! There will be prizes for best dressed, so bring the steez!
We have over $3000 dollars in prizes to give away!
This is an event for the whole community, so no matter how you identify or what you ride come down and enjoy yourself with us. Don't feel like racing? Come on down and heckle/cheer!
All profits go to Ygender. Ygender is a peer led support and advocacy organization for trans and gender diverse young people. Established in 2010 by a group of young trans people who realised the community needed an autonomous space to support each other and advocate for their rights.

Just a bike & a place to ride.

Canuck

Re: Drag Drain Drags, Flemington, Sunday 9th Sept midday.

Postby Canuck » Sat 09 Sep 2017, 9:14 pm

I would love to do this but just can't make it, late notice, obligations , yada yada. If anyone goes would be great to hear about it

Magnus tG

Postby Magnus tG » Sun 10 Sep 2017, 12:27 pm

Really like the artwork on this promo, reminds me of Conchita Wurst!

Would love to have gone but can't get out of my own way today.

Pony Bikes looks like a fab place, will very likely use their services in the future. Marx, thanks for posting.
velocified

baudman
Location: Some of us are in the gutter, we are all looking out for cars

Postby baudman » Wed 20 Sep 2017, 9:50 am

Was a 70m sprint.

I know of quite a few riders who were more 'track' geared, and really struggled. Great day though.

Marx

Postby Marx » Wed 20 Sep 2017, 1:52 pm

Interesting. I was hoping for a longer sprint distance. One of the kids races they kept going past the finish line & all the way down to the other end which I a good idea. Maybe an "up & back" race like in the movie Grease might get a lot more people interested in participating net time?
I was only there for a minute, my son wanted to keep rolling. I was on my BMX (against the pole first pic) which spin out pretty early for me to sprint on.
Just a bike & a place to ride.

Return to “Plan a ride”