Ballarat 18~19th Feb - Reach4Research, Road, MTB & feet.

Organise and talk about upcoming rides group rides. Don't forget to check the "Find a ride" calendar too!
Marx

Ballarat 18~19th Feb - Reach4Research, Road, MTB & feet.

Postby Marx » Fri 10 Feb 2017, 12:38 pm

https://reach4research.com.au/

18 & 19th February 2017

I did the MTB 50km ride a couple of years ago, but did the mistake of taking a train from Melbs which going me into Ballarat around 9am. I didn't think starting the 50km MTB distance 1 hour after the official start time was such a bad thing considering it's just a fun ride, not a race, but the sweep riders were ahead of me from the start line so I just had tyre tracks to follow before I caught up to them about 20kms into the loop, which then had me the arrows to direct me.
Just a bike & a place to ride.

michael_w

Re: Ballarat 18~19th Feb - Reach4Research, Road, MTB & feet.

Postby michael_w » Fri 10 Feb 2017, 3:21 pm

This is my 4th year of doing the 100km road ride. For the first time I'll be bringing my family along and they'll be taking part in the walk around the lake with our dogs.

This is a really well run event from my experiences and it's one reason I keep coming back. Another is that your entire entry fee goes towards the Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute and the parents of a mate of mine have ties (through their treatments) to the head Professor. It's a little bit of fundraising I can do that I know goes straight to the source.

I was wavering between the 100km road ride and the 50km MTB ride. Maybe next year the MTB will win me over :D

Return to “Plan a ride”