2015 World Naked Bike Ride

Organise and talk about upcoming rides group rides. Don't forget to check the "Find a ride" calendar too!
wagger

2015 World Naked Bike Ride

Postby wagger » Fri 06 Mar 2015, 7:14 am

Tell me what has become of my rights
Am I invisible because you ignore me?

Percrime
Volunteer Moderator

Re: 2015 World Naked Bike Ride

Postby Percrime » Fri 06 Mar 2015, 10:03 am

I saw one once. It was.. ummmmm.... yeah.... no thanks

fixie

Postby fixie » Sun 12 Mar 2017, 2:51 pm

On again for 2017. Website and links.

Details:
World Naked Bike Ride Melbourne
Sunday, 19th March, 2017
Melbourne's World Naked Bike Ride - Sunday 19th March, 2017
This email is to help riders prepare for the big day. We understand that for many of you it may be your first ride and you might be a bit nervous. Don't worry, we promise you will have a blast and will never forget the time you cycled around Melbourne naked. For riders who have joined the WNBR in Melbourne or other cities before, welcome back! We are glad you’re joining us again.

You can still help us get the word out there, feel free to invite your friends along to the ride. Remember the more people who join us on the ride, the louder our message is.

If you are looking at just grabbing a few quick snaps, please scroll down to the general public photo opportunity - we have a special area just for you!

Rider Information
This email contains all the important information you need to prepare for the 2017 Summer ride. Thank you so much for signing up to our newsletter and subscribing to us on Facebook - we are expecting our best turn out yet. Without your help, we wouldn't be able to make this the biggest ride ever.

Meet at 12pm at Edinburgh Gardens near the rotunda, corner of Brunswick Rd and St Georges Rd, Fitzroy North
https://goo.gl/maps/MjaoeF5t1CG2

Before the big day:
Registration is not required - just turn up!

You don't have to be naked if you feel uncomfortable, after all the ride is "as bare as you dare". The idea is to use nudity to help us be seen by drivers - and for them to take notice that we are sharing the road.

Here's a checklist to make sure you have everything you need:

Bike - check your tires have enough air and if you haven't ridden for a while, take your bike around the block to make sure it’s functioning well
Helmet - this is mandatory and you must wear it to ride
Body paint - think of some creative slogans to paint on yourself or others
Water bottle
Sunscreen
Horns, bells or whistles - be loud and cheerful
Music making device - play some funky tunes
Only bring valuables that you absolutely need, and keep them with you at all times. The Melbourne World Naked Bike Ride cannot take care of valuables for you
Your phone, camera, go-pro - perfect to capture a great selfie to send to your mother or to share on facebook or instagram. Remember to use our hash tag #wnbrmelbourne
Bathers or underwear - you will need these to head to the bathroom, and also to mingle in the park afterwards
A bag to put your stuff in - a bike bag is great for keeping your keys, wallet and phone safe
A picnic rug, some snacks and other things for the post-ride celebrations!
Staging Area:

Assembly location - Edinburgh Gardens near the rotunda, corner of Brunswick Rd and St Georges Rd, Fitzroy North https://goo.gl/maps/MjaoeF5t1CG2. The best bike-friendly way to access the park via public transport is by catching train to Clifton Hill railway station

Please arrive at the staging location by 12pm. This will give you time to paint yourself, meet your follow riders and get a quick brief on the ride.

Public toilets are close to assembly area, you must wear clothes to the toilet and remember to go before the ride.

Participation in the ride is free, but some cost to the organisers is unavoidable. Marshals and ride officials will have donation buckets for those who would like to contribute towards the cost of organising the ride.

During the ride:

Route information will be provided to the riders on the day
Ride marshals will provide information and lead the ride. Please follow their instructions at all times, and remember to obey the road rules
The ride is not a race - we will take a leisurely pace. We plan the route to ensure that everyone will be able to complete it.
There will be stops where you can take some selfies and have some water (don't forget your bottles)
A respectful attitude to ride officials, other riders and members of the public is expected - there will be zero tolerance for trouble makers
After the ride:

We know that you will want to celebrate another successful ride, so lets have a little shindig in the park together! There are plenty of food and bottle shops just around the corner, where you are welcome to grab something to eat and enjoy the excitement of completing the 2017 World Naked Bike Ride into the late afternoon.

Remember to be respectful, have a fun day and leave no rubbish anywhere, thank you!

General Public photo opportunity
Photo opportunity approx 2.15 - 2.30pm, please be respectful of the riders and the venue.

For those not riding, we understand that you may want to get a photograph of the ride. Please keep in mind that some riders are shy and may not be comfortable being photographed. Please ask for permission first.

Photo staging area:

Royal Exhibition Building, Rathdowne St, Carlton
North side of the building, near the main entrance to the Melbourne Museum

Photo opportunity approx 2.15 - 2.30pm, please be respectful of the riders and the venue

Wait under the elevated blade roof structure in front of the Melbourne Museum, Rathdowne St side
This is the only location to photograph the ride, the ride route will not be made public
There is public parking in the area
This location is close to public transport and easy to cycle to

Copyright © 2017 World Naked Bike Ride Melbourne, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have opted in for information about Melbourne's World Naked Bike Ride

Our mailing address is:
World Naked Bike Ride Melbourne
23 Clubpoint Drive
Chirnside Park, Vic 3116
Australia

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
Stay fixed. Keeping a cool head.

wagger

Postby wagger » Mon 13 Mar 2017, 7:30 pm

Tell me what has become of my rights
Am I invisible because you ignore me?

Return to “Plan a ride”