Cheeky Monkey Ride - Richmond - Yarra Boulevard

Organise and talk about upcoming rides group rides. Don't forget to check the "Find a ride" calendar too!
cee_ell

Re: Cheeky Monkey Ride - Richmond - Yarra Boulevard

Postby cee_ell » Thu 14 Oct 2010, 9:42 am

Great first pootle after the recent off. New frame feels good, old body feels bad. Worked out that I haven't done a hard ride for about a month and the HR was way up. This made Mr Cycle-PAL very happy :roll:. Saw a few familiar faces through the gloom. Based on the number of OFFS people are having at the moment I am thinking ti's the season for offs. Anyway might MRR or CMR tomorrow, weather, health, sleep dependent. :D
Last edited by cee_ell on Thu 14 Oct 2010, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blybo

Postby blybo » Thu 14 Oct 2010, 10:07 am

Another off on the CMR this morning. I bumped (not literally :wink: but somebody else did) into PDL and rode a couple of laps with her and down at the freeway end, u-turn point, a ninja cyclist came from my blind spot at what must have been at least 40kph and clipped PDL as she turned behind me. She had done a head check too and hadn't seen anybody either. This now convinces me that royal blue jerseys and helmets are the hardest to see out on the roads. I don't believe he had a front light on but it was light by then, but still pretty dull. What he was doing trying to ride between us at speed I'll never know, you would of thought my turning would be a warning to him to wash off some speed and he could have reasonably expected PDL to do a u turn also...

PDL went home to nurse a sore hand but was otherwise fine. I got my first puncture in ages :roll: so fixed that and went straight home too.
Neil
The older I get, the better I was...

cee_ell

Postby cee_ell » Thu 14 Oct 2010, 1:16 pm

Dang...what is going on with these offs :roll:, hope you're ok PDL and it doesn't impact you mountain training. Like you said, it amazes me that someone could have seen one person turn and then hit someone else turning. Can only think they were either half asleep (quite hard to do at 40 kmph) or were trying to be a smart arse (most likely).

No Gary! No!

Postby No Gary! No! » Tue 19 Oct 2010, 2:20 pm

Another Tuesday morning pain-fest for me this morning.

Wasnt motivated when I got up, but by the time i was out there doing an interval with HR holding 187, my motivational issues
dissappeared amongst the tachycardia.

:twisted:

blybo

Postby blybo » Tue 19 Oct 2010, 3:45 pm

I even managed 1 interval... for a half lap. Small steps, small steps. Surprisingly it felt pretty good and was faster than NGN's, even if his interval was more than twice the length of mine
Neil

The older I get, the better I was...

dagl

Postby dagl » Tue 19 Oct 2010, 7:07 pm

I was out for a few laps around lunch time, weather was nice, and then had the added fun of trying to navigate the Main Yarra Trail detour on the way home.

brycerider

Postby brycerider » Tue 19 Oct 2010, 8:46 pm

blybo wrote:Another off on the CMR this morning. I bumped (not literally :wink: but somebody else did) into PDL and rode a couple of laps with her and down at the freeway end, u-turn point, a ninja cyclist came from my blind spot at what must have been at least 40kph and clipped PDL as she turned behind me. She had done a head check too and hadn't seen anybody either. This now convinces me that royal blue jerseys and helmets are the hardest to see out on the roads. I don't believe he had a front light on but it was light by then, but still pretty dull. What he was doing trying to ride between us at speed I'll never know, you would of thought my turning would be a warning to him to wash off some speed and he could have reasonably expected PDL to do a u turn also...

PDL went home to nurse a sore hand but was otherwise fine. I got my first puncture in ages :roll: so fixed that and went straight home too.

Thats a stupid move on his part - glad you came out of it ok
Just shut up and ride!

cee_ell

Postby cee_ell » Tue 26 Oct 2010, 10:27 am

OK back in the base box at last but may need to lose the base layer. Some nice steady Z2 this morning in almost balmy weather had me too hot. The new SKCC kit is double layered which is probably ok for most of the year but may just be too hot in summer when and if it arrives.

Can't believe I had some numby guy wheel sucking me whilst doing base, wonders never cease. Then to cap it off he passes on my inside whilst a car passed me on the other side :evil:. Anyway, a sensational morning. Get well CP the mountains are beckoning. :D

weg

Postby weg » Tue 09 Nov 2010, 6:04 pm

Landing at Fairview west ...

and at Kevin Bartlett Reserve ...

cee_ell

Postby cee_ell » Wed 10 Nov 2010, 1:37 pm

WARNING - very close to another U-turn accident this morning at the freeway end of the Richmond boulie. :evil:

I had just finished a hard lap and caught up to two other riders just before we got to the U-turn spot. We all slowed to about 5km/h and the two guys I had caught up to made their U-turn. I was about to turn (almost stationary) and some joker on a mountain bike with headphones in flys past on my right hand side completely oblivious to the situation. I gave him a gob full which he probably didn't hear (due to the headphones). I mean seriously what else did he think I was going to do other than turn given that the other two guys had just done exactly that?

Anyway - just a reminder to keep an eye out when U-turning and look a bout 3 times before turning.

Other than that is was a beautiful morning for a ride. :D

brycerider

Postby brycerider » Wed 24 Nov 2010, 8:06 am

Out for a solo recovery ride this morning - up and down, up and down, up and down for an hour and a half. Lots of bugs in the air and quite warm.
Just shut up and ride!

Chief Wiggum

Postby Chief Wiggum » Wed 24 Nov 2010, 12:26 pm

brycerider wrote:Lots of bugs in the air and quite warm.

Were they tasty too?
Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better!

brycerider

Postby brycerider » Wed 24 Nov 2010, 1:45 pm

Mostly crunchy and particularly raspy if they landed the wrong way at the back of the throat :lol:
Just shut up and ride!

velocipede

Postby velocipede » Tue 15 Feb 2011, 8:27 pm

Bump - finally resuming training after a month recovering from a broken arse following a crash. I will be riding Cheeky Monkey at endurance pace the next month or so. Glad to be able to ride again. :D

roshea
Volunteer Moderator

Postby roshea » Tue 15 Feb 2011, 8:34 pm

velocipede wrote:Bump - finally resuming training after a month recovering from a broken arse following a crash. I will be riding Cheeky Monkey at endurance pace the next month or so. Glad to be able to ride again. :D

Great to hear you're back out there!
Office use only.

Return to “Plan a ride”