Cheeky Monkey Ride - Richmond - Yarra Boulevard

Organise and talk about upcoming rides group rides. Don't forget to check the "Find a ride" calendar too!
WAK

Re: Cheeky Monkey Ride - Richmond - Yarra Boulevard

Postby WAK » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 1:15 pm

ridinwithdale wrote:
vidman wrote:
brycerider wrote:
velocipede wrote:Will be a cheeky monkey tomorrow morning see you all down there - will be heading for coffee around 7pm at Degani.

So Audax man a 13 hour CMR marathon? :lol:

Now THAT would be one heck of a challenge. Not so much the riding bit but the mental toughness to keep going despite the boredom.
Lets see, taking it easy thats 4.5 laps per hour x 13 = 52 laps.

52 x 6.6km = 343.2 km would be hard on the butt too!!! :roll:

One of my friends has flown to Adelaide today to do the 367km non-stop Kona Mawson MTB Marathon race which starts on Friday morning 7.30am. She is anticipating this to take between 20-24 hours with a lot of pedalling, eating and drinking along the way!
http://www.bikesa.asn.au/servlet/Web?s=2060570&p=RideGuides_OffRoad_MawsonMarathon
367km off-road non-stop - Now there’s a challenge!

WAK
Last edited by WAK on Mon 02 Aug 2010, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep it wheel! :-)

brycerider

Postby brycerider » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 2:09 pm

Chief Wiggum wrote:Saw a few hardy souls out there this morning braving the rain. I started my laps at 5.15 so was quite happy to head home at about 6.15 when the drops started getting a bit heavier! Unfortunately my rear end has not yet recovered from some nasty chamois issues arising out of last Sunday's wet ride.

Got drenched for the later commute to the city at 8.00 though. :P

I was soft and I had to bring my cranks in to post off for warranty replacement - or atleast that will do for an excuse!

Hope the chamois issues sort themselves out
Just shut up and ride!

ridinwithdale

Postby ridinwithdale » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 2:14 pm

WAK wrote:
ridinwithdale wrote:
vidman wrote:
brycerider wrote:
velocipede wrote:Will be a cheeky monkey tomorrow morning see you all down there - will be heading for coffee around 7pm at Degani.

So Audax man a 13 hour CMR marathon? :lol:

Now THAT would be one heck of a challenge. Not so much the riding bit but the mental toughness to keep going despite the boredom.
Lets see, taking it easy thats 4.5 laps per hour x 13 = 52 laps.

52 x 6.6km = 343.2 km would be hard on the butt too!!! :roll:

One of my friends has flow to Adelaide today to do the 367km non-stop Kona Mawson MTB Marathon race which starts on Friday morning 7.30am. She is anticipating this to take between 20-24 hours with a lot of pedalling, eating and drinking along the way!
http://www.bikesa.asn.au/servlet/Web?s=2060570&p=RideGuides_OffRoad_MawsonMarathon
367km off-road non-stop - Now there’s a challenge!

WAK

yikkeeess and on an mtb, she is one tough lass

manning

Postby manning » Sun 13 Jun 2010, 6:04 pm

Spotted ridinwithdale out there this arvo doing some secret training :) I spent nearly 2 hours in the zone 2...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Got a flat on my last lap and snapped my tyre levers trying to change the tube :shock: big thanks to the fireman riding to work who stopped to lend me his

ridinwithdale

Postby ridinwithdale » Sun 13 Jun 2010, 7:23 pm

manning wrote:Spotted ridinwithdale out there this arvo doing some secret training :) I spent nearly 2 hours in the zone 2...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Got a flat on my last lap and snapped my tyre levers trying to change the tube :shock: big thanks to the fireman riding to work who stopped to lend me his

damn i didnt twig it was you, got a flat up the top on my last too. ninja punctures grrr

manning

Postby manning » Tue 22 Jun 2010, 8:16 am

brrrrrrrrrrrrrr that was cold this morning! 2.5degrees according to my garmin :shock: more zone 2 work...building the base zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

manning

Postby manning » Thu 29 Jul 2010, 11:28 am

Well that was a particularly boring 90 minutes this morning! Didn't spot anyone else out there :(
I am loving having a garmin for this kind of training though, it's nice to be able to go back through and look at how my average heartrate has remained constant but my average speed is going up and up :)

Black Knight

Postby Black Knight » Fri 30 Jul 2010, 11:35 am

manning wrote:Well that was a particularly boring 90 minutes this morning! Didn't spot anyone else out there :(

I do know the feeling, though did spot a couple of friendly possums, who cheered me on during my laps when I was out last night at the witching hour! :lol:

velocipede

Postby velocipede » Tue 28 Sep 2010, 7:53 pm

Bump - Yarra Boulevard was a very pleasant place to ride this morning enjoyed riding in daylight with some sun. Spotted vibe so I turned around, we rode together and had a good chat before heading for coffee - great to catch up with you mate.

A brilliant start to the day.

vibe

Postby vibe » Wed 29 Sep 2010, 11:07 am

velocipede wrote:Bump - Yarra Boulevard was a very pleasant place to ride this morning enjoyed riding in daylight with some sun. Spotted vibe so I turned around, we rode together and had a good chat before heading for coffee - great to catch up with you mate.

A brilliant start to the day.

Velo, you are a machine, those kilometres you've been doing make me feel tired :)
Yes it was a great morning for a ride yesterday, I cant say the same for today - so so cold :cry: - not many riders out either but always that 'it was all worth while' delight after a warm shower :D
Des

No Gary! No!

Postby No Gary! No! » Tue 05 Oct 2010, 9:25 am

First CMR for a long time. Nice to be out.

blybo

Postby blybo » Tue 05 Oct 2010, 9:57 am

No Gary! No! wrote:First CMR for a long time. Nice to be out.

+1 :D
Neil
The older I get, the better I was...

manning

Postby manning » Thu 07 Oct 2010, 6:50 pm

Did a couple of zone 2 laps on the way home from work. I think I've said it before but the thing I love most about having a garmin is being able to measure progress! I look back at when I started my training a few months back and my avg. was 27-28kph, the laps I just did were at 32kph avg....with a lower heart rate 8)

blybo

Postby blybo » Fri 08 Oct 2010, 10:39 am

manning wrote:Did a couple of zone 2 laps on the way home from work. I think I've said it before but the thing I love most about having a garmin is being able to measure progress! I look back at when I started my training a few months back and my avg. was 27-28kph, the laps I just did were at 32kph avg....with a lower heart rate 8)

Wind and weather conditions can play a part too remember :wink: . I'm still at 28-29 in Z2 around there most mornings but actually surprised I hadn't slipped further. Your HR can also be lower if your cadence was low too or if you are fatigued, which would make sense after a long day or bigger weeks on the bike.
Neil

The older I get, the better I was...

No Gary! No!

Postby No Gary! No! » Wed 13 Oct 2010, 2:04 pm

First small pain fest for the lead up to bright. 2 X 10 Z4. Body didnt know what I was doing to it.

Hoping the legs will start responding positively to training in the coming weeks.

Return to “Plan a ride”