Cheeky Monkey Ride - Richmond - Yarra Boulevard

Organise and talk about upcoming rides group rides. Don't forget to check the "Find a ride" calendar too!
No Gary! No!
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue 02 Sep 2008, 1:51 pm
Contact:

Cheeky Monkey Ride - Richmond - Yarra Boulevard

Postby No Gary! No! » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 3:54 pm

CHEEKY MONKEY RIDE

This ride was originally set-up as a recovery ride, however it is slowly evolving into a totally different beast!

The ride runs every weekday morning. Wednesday was the original ride morning, however there have been at least afew people showing up every morning.

Ride Details:

Course: Yarra Blvd in Richmond - Yes thats right, the FLAT yarra boulevard :P

Where? Meeting Degani Botanica (574 Swan Street Richmond) at 6am, then hitting up an hours worth of laps, riding between Bridge Road & Monash Freeway.

The course is essentially completely flat, so perfect for a recovery spin, or low intensity riding, so you can keep your HR nice and low if need be.

At 7am we head back to Degani (the starting point) for a post ride coffee

One of the biggest advantages of this ride is that it is based on laps, so if you feel like doing your own thing, you can.
Or if you are running late, just jump on the bunch as it goes past.

Image
Last edited by No Gary! No! on Thu 03 Sep 2009, 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Amallu

Postby Amallu » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 4:17 pm

Sounds great. See you on Wednesday at 6am. May try to get a few laps in prior.

User avatar
vidman
Posts: 9142
Joined: Wed 08 Aug 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Far Kew
Contact:

Postby vidman » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 4:25 pm

Sounds good but would Degani be a better spot for after ride coffee?

Otherwise, to get to cheeky monkey you have to negotiate either a web of one way back streets, or Swan St in morning traffic. However, this would thus require a change in ride name. ;)

Just a thought.
So, do you like... STUFF?

No Gary! No!
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue 02 Sep 2008, 1:51 pm
Contact:

Postby No Gary! No! » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 4:32 pm

vidman wrote:Sounds good but would Degani be a better spot for after ride coffee?

Otherwise, to get to cheeky monkey you have to negotiate either a web of one way back streets, or Swan St in morning traffic. However, this would thus require a change in ride name. ;)

Just a thought.


Heh, the coffee at CM is about the best ive ever had! So as its close...

User avatar
vidman
Posts: 9142
Joined: Wed 08 Aug 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Far Kew
Contact:

Postby vidman » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 4:34 pm

No Gary! No! wrote:
vidman wrote:Sounds good but would Degani be a better spot for after ride coffee?

Otherwise, to get to cheeky monkey you have to negotiate either a web of one way back streets, or Swan St in morning traffic. However, this would thus require a change in ride name. ;)

Just a thought.


Heh, the coffee at CM is about the best ive ever had! So as its close...


Alrighty captain- lead the way! ;)
So, do you like... STUFF?

Amallu

Postby Amallu » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 4:35 pm

vidman wrote:Sounds good but would Degani be a better spot for after ride coffee?

Otherwise, to get to cheeky monkey you have to negotiate either a web of one way back streets, or Swan St in morning traffic. However, this would thus require a change in ride name. ;)

Just a thought.


Same, same...not sure what time they open but selfishly something like Botanica or a cafe closer to home (Hawthorn) would be great (for more coffee time). There is one just down Bridge Rd from Burnley Rd from memory but name escapes me. I think it has a bike on it...maybe "Apte".

No Gary! No!
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue 02 Sep 2008, 1:51 pm
Contact:

Postby No Gary! No! » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 4:44 pm

Amallu wrote:
vidman wrote:Sounds good but would Degani be a better spot for after ride coffee?

Otherwise, to get to cheeky monkey you have to negotiate either a web of one way back streets, or Swan St in morning traffic. However, this would thus require a change in ride name. ;)

Just a thought.


Same, same...not sure what time they open but selfishly something like Botanica or a cafe closer to home (Hawthorn) would be great (for more coffee time). There is one just down Bridge Rd from Burnley Rd from memory but name escapes me. I think it has a bike on it...maybe "Apte".


Okokok, i must admit it makes far more sense to go to Degani; i'll get you fellers to CM for some awesome coffee another time. :D

I sadly submit and alter the ride, however i would still like to call it the cheeky monkey ride, otherwise i'll have to find another photo to post.

:wink:

User avatar
Cycle-PAL
Posts: 1219
Joined: Tue 08 Apr 2008, 8:33 am
Location: Prahran
Contact:

Postby Cycle-PAL » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 5:24 pm

No Gary! No! wrote:
Amallu wrote:
vidman wrote:Sounds good but would Degani be a better spot for after ride coffee?

Otherwise, to get to cheeky monkey you have to negotiate either a web of one way back streets, or Swan St in morning traffic. However, this would thus require a change in ride name. ;)

Just a thought.


Same, same...not sure what time they open but selfishly something like Botanica or a cafe closer to home (Hawthorn) would be great (for more coffee time). There is one just down Bridge Rd from Burnley Rd from memory but name escapes me. I think it has a bike on it...maybe "Apte".


Okokok, i must admit it makes far more sense to go to Degani; i'll get you fellers to CM for some awesome coffee another time. :D

I sadly submit and alter the ride, however i would still like to call it the cheeky monkey ride, otherwise i'll have to find another photo to post.

:wink:


Sounds great to me. But I am now confused (not hard to do :oops: folks are dumb where I come from)about where we are starting - can you please confirm the start location NGN?

Amallu - are you going to do some more laps of the Bouli beforehand? If so I'll join you for the extras - otherwise a 6:00 am start is early enough for me!
Paul

No Gary! No!
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue 02 Sep 2008, 1:51 pm
Contact:

Postby No Gary! No! » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 5:25 pm

Cycle-PAL wrote:
No Gary! No! wrote:
Amallu wrote:
vidman wrote:Sounds good but would Degani be a better spot for after ride coffee?

Otherwise, to get to cheeky monkey you have to negotiate either a web of one way back streets, or Swan St in morning traffic. However, this would thus require a change in ride name. ;)

Just a thought.


Same, same...not sure what time they open but selfishly something like Botanica or a cafe closer to home (Hawthorn) would be great (for more coffee time). There is one just down Bridge Rd from Burnley Rd from memory but name escapes me. I think it has a bike on it...maybe "Apte".


Okokok, i must admit it makes far more sense to go to Degani; i'll get you fellers to CM for some awesome coffee another time. :D

I sadly submit and alter the ride, however i would still like to call it the cheeky monkey ride, otherwise i'll have to find another photo to post.

:wink:


Sounds great to me. But I am now confused (not hard to do :oops: folks are dumb where I come from)about where we are starting - can you please confirm the start location NGN?

Amallu - are you going to do some more laps of the Bouli beforehand? If so I'll join you for the extras - otherwise a 6:00 am start is early enough for me!


Meet outside Degani at 6am... that gives us 4. :D

User avatar
vidman
Posts: 9142
Joined: Wed 08 Aug 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Far Kew
Contact:

Postby vidman » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 5:30 pm

Start/meet point is here
So, do you like... STUFF?

User avatar
Cycle-PAL
Posts: 1219
Joined: Tue 08 Apr 2008, 8:33 am
Location: Prahran
Contact:

Postby Cycle-PAL » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 5:42 pm

vidman wrote:Start/meet point is here

Aaah thanks for that Viddy. I know exactly where - I ride past there every time I head over to the MRR start.

I read Yarra Boulevard but my mind went for the other Bouli for some absurd reason - because I know it isn't flat!

Looking forward to it :lol: :lol:
Paul

User avatar
ridinwithdale
Posts: 1729
Joined: Tue 28 Jul 2009, 12:39 pm
Location: searching for the elusive tailwind
Contact:

Postby ridinwithdale » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 7:47 pm

between base and recovery???/ what sort of pace is that?
pfft it dont matter if its laps....might have a crack
Image

User avatar
vidman
Posts: 9142
Joined: Wed 08 Aug 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Far Kew
Contact:

Postby vidman » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 7:48 pm

ridinwithdale wrote:between base and recovery???/ what sort of pace is that?


Bacovery?
Recovase?
:lol:
So, do you like... STUFF?

User avatar
brycerider
Posts: 5437
Joined: Tue 06 May 2008, 11:30 am
Location: Generalising and avoiding pedantry
Contact:

Postby brycerider » Mon 24 Aug 2009, 8:22 pm

I'll put my hand up for this - since its laps we can do our own thing and just get a coffee afterwards
Just shut up and ride!

Amallu

Postby Amallu » Tue 25 Aug 2009, 11:40 am

Tested this ride out this morning at 5:45am with Cycle-PAL.

Dark, quiet, sheltered (generally), great coffee (and heaters and friendly service) at the Botanica and best of all no cars or traffic lights. :D :D :D


Return to “Plan a ride”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests