1 in 20 Rides

Organise and talk about upcoming rides group rides. Don't forget to check the "Find a ride" calendar too!
cyclotaur

Re: 1 in 20 Rides

Postby cyclotaur » Sat 13 Jan 2018, 1:14 pm

Claude Cat wrote:I watched a guy fly past me going down the 1:20, only to misjudge a corner and end up in an embankment. :o

Takes all kinds - clearly overestimated his abilities. I certainly don't ! :D
Riding, not racing ... http://reddyneddy.blogspot.com.au/

baudman
Location: Some of us are in the gutter, we are all looking out for cars

Postby baudman » Mon 23 Apr 2018, 9:46 am

24:29 is an OK time. Nothing too special.
Wait... what!?
https://youtu.be/pjAfOhc7BhQ?t=2m18s

cyclotaur

Postby cyclotaur » Mon 23 Apr 2018, 3:02 pm

baudman wrote:24:29 is an OK time. Nothing too special.
Wait... what!?
https://youtu.be/pjAfOhc7BhQ?t=2m18s

Yeah....one wheel, less rolling resistance ? :roll: :lol:
Riding, not racing ... http://reddyneddy.blogspot.com.au/

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Thu 17 Jun 2021, 4:58 am

Not this weekend - the Mountain Hwy will be closed due to storm damage, along with a few other roads in the Dandenong Ranges.
Crazy cool like a banana in the fridge

jvb

Postby jvb » Thu 17 Jun 2021, 10:58 am

Matt1 wrote:Not this weekend - the Mountain Hwy will be closed due to storm damage, along with a few other roads in the Dandenong Ranges.

No one should be riding up here right now. You're not allowed to come up and it is not safe. Plus well and truly going to piss off the locals.
I have seen some cyclists on the Tourist Rd but considering the police is stopping and checking everyone, I assume they are local.

jvb

Postby jvb » Tue 06 Jul 2021, 6:13 pm

Good to go up to Sassafras again.
You cannot go to Olinda, well there is a check point in Sassafras.

victor

Postby victor » Fri 09 Jul 2021, 9:33 am

The last update looks even better:
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/newsmed ... -dandenong

It seems to indicate that, from today (unless circumstances changed), roads are open along the main 4 ascents, i.e. from Upper Ferntree Gully, Montrose, The Basin and Monbulk, right up to Ridge Rd. No mention of the observatory in this article, though.

jvb

Postby jvb » Sat 10 Jul 2021, 9:22 am

victor wrote:The last update looks even better:
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/newsmed ... -dandenong

It seems to indicate that, from today (unless circumstances changed), roads are open along the main 4 ascents, i.e. from Upper Ferntree Gully, Montrose, The Basin and Monbulk, right up to Ridge Rd. No mention of the observatory in this article, though.

All roads open as of yesterday (Fri).
No check points anymore.

victor

Postby victor » Wed 22 Sep 2021, 8:57 pm

If the lockdown distance limit does increase to 15km on the 26th as planned, I'll finally be able to ride to the Dandenongs, and ride up 3 of the 4 main sealed ascents (The Basin, Montrose and Upper Ferntree Gully). Monbulk will be out of the 15km radius for me, but hey, 3/4 ain't bad :)

victor

Postby victor » Fri 24 Sep 2021, 9:25 am

victor wrote:If the lockdown distance limit does increase to 15km on the 26th as planned, I'll finally be able to ride to the Dandenongs, and ride up 3 of the 4 main sealed ascents (The Basin, Montrose and Upper Ferntree Gully). Monbulk will be out of the 15km radius for me, but hey, 3/4 ain't bad :)

... or perhaps not. :( The COVID cases in Victoria are getting out of control, and the idiots who gathered maskless for the large demonstrations earlier this week have almost certainly created a superspreader event. It wouldn't surprise me if the planned relaxation of restrictions on the 26th is postponed.

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Fri 24 Sep 2021, 1:13 pm

I think the 15 km limit was conditional upon reaching a first dose vaccination rate of 80% in the eligible population, which has been predicted as unlikely this weekend by the health minister. Next weekend might be a goer. The political commentary is very much oriented towards letting things rip once vaccination rates are up, at least until the hospital gets overwhelmed anyway. I expect there should be a lag between massive spreading and the hospital overload, so you might have a brief window to complete some rides in the near future, at the very least.
Crazy cool like a banana in the fridge

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sun 26 Sep 2021, 7:45 pm

Matt1 wrote:I think the 15 km limit was conditional upon reaching a first dose vaccination rate of 80% in the eligible population, which has been predicted as unlikely this weekend by the health minister. Next weekend might be a goer. The political commentary is very much oriented towards letting things rip once vaccination rates are up, at least until the hospital gets overwhelmed anyway. I expect there should be a lag between massive spreading and the hospital overload, so you might have a brief window to complete some rides in the near future, at the very least.

This. It’s becoming let rip til overload.
They need to bring in fast testing to allow for more people to do things vaccinated or not, like in some EU countries and elsewhere. Vaccine passports plus fast testing combo allowing for some regular life stuff.

Return to “Plan a ride”