Meat & 3 Veg

Discussion not related to cycling.
Canuck

Re: Meat & 3 Veg

Postby Canuck » Sun 13 Jun 2021, 8:08 pm

Weather today = picnics and sandwiches.

Slow cook planned for tomorrow - lamb, which I rarely do because I'm not a huge fan. Going Moroccan inspired spicing.

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sun 04 Jul 2021, 9:12 pm

Tried a new roasted chook recipe, for the winner winner... It was great.
Alongside the roasted potatoes, honey carrots, and steamed broccoli with peas.
Made a 'lemon delicious' with our tree's lemons, thanks to recipe shared from an Australian cookery book of Darren T from these forums. With vanilla ice cream, very yum, the Boy ate two bowls of dessert. It tasted to me of lemon meringue pies of my childhood, minus the yum crust and meringue like my mother made.

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Mon 05 Jul 2021, 9:09 am

Thank you Canuck for reminding me of one of my favourite childhood desserts, growing up in Australia as I did. My mother made lemon delicious on a regular rotation. My cat loved licking out the bowl, she always had an inexplicable liking for lemons or lemon flavour.
Poa kichizi kama ndizi

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Mon 05 Jul 2021, 3:02 pm

Matt1 wrote:Thank you Canuck for reminding me of one of my favourite childhood desserts, growing up in Australia as I did. My mother made lemon delicious on a regular rotation. My cat loved licking out the bowl, she always had an inexplicable liking for lemons or lemon flavour.

I’d say strange cat, but cats are quirky by nature...

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Fri 16 Jul 2021, 4:51 pm

I baked a loaf of banana bread today. An excellent choice of comfort food for a wintry day.
Poa kichizi kama ndizi

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Wed 28 Jul 2021, 10:30 pm

Beef and greens in a marinade, served with Bánh hỏi, fresh chilli, coriander, mint, cucumber.

A fudge cake leftover from the Boy and I baking together.

Pinot noir.

TrikeTragic

Postby TrikeTragic » Thu 29 Jul 2021, 9:34 am

Ok, I'll join the fun.....Not an elite chef, more a "just get by" cook, especially since my much better half can't cook anymore.

Last night: Creamy roast pumpkin soup, with toasted sourdough bread (from our local cafe). Winter = soup. Fresh fruit later, and there may have been chocolate.....

Cheers
Trikester
Alan

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sun 29 Aug 2021, 9:57 pm

Breakfast: golden roasted shop bought hash browns, spinach spinach wilted with a wee bit of olive oil and salt, eggs fried to the SUNNY side!

Lunch: leftover spinach ricotta tortellini with a simple tomato based sauce

Dinner: Thai fish cakes (too dry for me with the split mung beans) , rice, steamed greens, salad of carrot/cucumber/split green beans - sauces and dressings of the fish sauce / garlic / sugar / chilli kind. Dips of sweet chilli / Mayo.

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Mon 30 Aug 2021, 9:14 am

Yesterday's breakfast was homemade bread with homemade marmalade. Today was pancakes with homemade hot caramel sauce.
Poa kichizi kama ndizi

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Mon 30 Aug 2021, 9:15 pm

Matt1 wrote:Yesterday's breakfast was homemade bread with homemade marmalade. Today was pancakes with homemade hot caramel sauce.

Oooooo caramel sauce on pancakes

Was thinking buttermilk pancakes tomorrow as it’s my WFH day, so slower morning routine.

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Fri 03 Sep 2021, 5:06 pm

Canuck wrote:
Matt1 wrote:Yesterday's breakfast was homemade bread with homemade marmalade. Today was pancakes with homemade hot caramel sauce.

Oooooo caramel sauce on pancakes

Was thinking buttermilk pancakes tomorrow as it’s my WFH day, so slower morning routine.

The caramel is like maple syrup but with fat cooked into it :D

Blueberry muffins today, which tasted great thanks to the blueberries actually tasting like blueberries, unlike my first attempt a couple of months ago.
Poa kichizi kama ndizi

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Mon 06 Sep 2021, 9:20 pm

We did cloud eggs yesterday. Fun and different. You get the yolk to dip toast but a fluffy white. Think I’ll try soufflés next.

Waiting for school holidays for a few other recipes.

Return to “Off topic”