Meat & 3 Veg

Discussion not related to cycling.
Matt1

Re: Meat & 3 Veg

Postby Matt1 » Tue 09 Feb 2021, 12:46 pm

Besan and rice flour chapatis, topped with peanut butter spread for lunch.
Kichizi kama ndizi

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sat 13 Feb 2021, 7:17 pm

Char sui pork from the oven not bbq. Packaged bao buns ‘steamed’ in the microwave :? And a wombok, cucumber, carrot, coriander, spring onion slaw to add on.
Pinot noir and dark chocolate.
Delicious all round.

rgcrgc

Postby rgcrgc » Sat 13 Feb 2021, 10:51 pm

Harrisa-spiced meatballs in an eclectic* tomato sauce with patatas bravas**. Actually worked quite well - surprisingly

*eclectic insofar as I chucked in leftover slow-cooked brisket sauce and leftover enchilada sauce into a basic tomato sauce

**kinda, sorta, squint-a-bit. Sauteed some potatoes, sprinkled on some onion and garlic powders, then popped on a bit of the eclectic tom sauce and then baked the lot
Navis volitans mea plena anguillarum est

PiledHigher

Postby PiledHigher » Sat 13 Feb 2021, 11:11 pm

rgcrgc wrote:Harrisa-spiced meatballs in an eclectic* tomato sauce with patatas bravas**. Actually worked quite well - surprisingly

*eclectic insofar as I chucked in leftover slow-cooked brisket sauce and leftover enchilada sauce into a basic tomato sauce

**kinda, sorta, squint-a-bit. Sauteed some potatoes, sprinkled on some onion and garlic powders, then popped on a bit of the eclectic tom sauce and then baked the lot

Apparently it was harrisa night, harrisa chicken, tzatziki, Greek salad and oven chips in wraps. Some kind of mid Mediterranean crossover.
Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk....*

*Not really Frosty

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Tue 16 Feb 2021, 6:04 pm

WFH, child rearing / teaching, and just plain busy supporting others. It's a comfort food kind of night:

Beef/kidney bean/black bean chilli, rice, esquites Mexi-corn (it is soooooooooo good), with some sour cream / hot sauces / avo / corn chip sides.

Ice cream may be the call of the late evening.

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sat 06 Mar 2021, 3:54 pm

Back to the Mexi-esquites corn... :D
With fish tacos, tomato/red onion/coriander salsa, cabbagey coleslaw type topping, limes...

Dessert no idea yet. Still chopping stuff up :lol:

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 9:43 am

Bacon, coffee, waffles.
Changed up waffle recipes, this one is much further from 'vaguely healthy' than the previous version.

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sat 20 Mar 2021, 4:22 pm

Prepping chicken parma for tonight. Cannot recall last time I made them! Not my favourite ham for it, but it’ll do. Buffalo mozzarella from the local to melt on top. Veggie coleslaw on the side.

Prepping meals for the coming week - trying this one: https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/vie ... 010-h16g4i as well as my standby lentil and vegetable soup, rissoles for the BBQ. Glazed salmon with rice/quinoa and veggie sides will be the easy fast meal that doesn’t need prep ahead. I like having things ready for the week so that when I come home from work, I needn’t spend too much time cooking... I like to cook, but during the work week it’s often a bit demanding.

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sat 17 Apr 2021, 7:15 pm

Earlier in the week I did a couple of Japanese dishes - teriyaki chicken / rice / broccolini by Boy's request, and sesame soy egg with noodles and fresh greens. Had a coconut sticky rice with caramelised bananas + fresh strawberries for dessert. Will definitely do again, so good.

Super boring spag bog tonight.

Tomorrow, a pumpkin coconut lentil curry we all love.

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Sun 18 Apr 2021, 6:47 pm

I have been experimenting with chutney making lately. After the success of my deconstructed licorice chutney from last week, I made a tropical mango and passionfruit chutney today. Now I can hardly wait for tomorrow's lunch :)
Kichizi kama ndizi

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Sun 18 Apr 2021, 8:09 pm

Matt1 wrote:I have been experimenting with chutney making lately. After the success of my deconstructed licorice chutney from last week, I made a tropical mango and passionfruit chutney today. Now I can hardly wait for tomorrow's lunch :)

Let me know when the mango passionfruit chutney is available online :lol:

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Mon 19 Apr 2021, 2:42 pm

Canuck wrote:
Matt1 wrote:I have been experimenting with chutney making lately. After the success of my deconstructed licorice chutney from last week, I made a tropical mango and passionfruit chutney today. Now I can hardly wait for tomorrow's lunch :)

Let me know when the mango passionfruit chutney is available online :lol:

I am sure there are commercial products available, and better tasting too; personally speaking my body just cannot handle the additives anymore. If I eat processed food I have seizures and blackouts.

At the risk of reviewing my own effort, I think it came up okay. Unsurprisingly it is very sweet, so I might add some lime zest, coriander or something else to balance it out better next time.
Kichizi kama ndizi

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Fri 07 May 2021, 10:25 am

My second batch of mango and passionfruit chutney came out a treat. Lime zest with extra ginger and chilli flavour worked wonders. I also tried a lychee and raspberry version which was good but not as wild as I had hoped. My tamarind chutney was also okay but the tamarind I used was a little underwhelming. I put it down to a poor quality brand, as it was not that great in other dishes previously but I wanted to use up the packet. In tropical Queensland I used a brick of resin with amazing results, but the bricks are hard to find here and also difficult to work with in the cooler Melbourne weather.
Kichizi kama ndizi

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Thu 10 Jun 2021, 4:56 pm

Steamed broccoli and zucchini.
A veg rice pilaf, but I really need to find a better brand of ground turmeric than the store one which seems nowhere near one I had recently.
Honey and Dijon glue to stick a macadamia panko dill crust to some salmon to roast.

All on the go at the moment. Home school closed for the day. Work closed for the day.

Matt1

Postby Matt1 » Sun 13 Jun 2021, 10:40 am

I have a Hawaiian pizza flavoured chutney on the stove at the moment. Tomato and pineapple, with asafoetida substituted in for the cheese and salt making up for the absence of ham.
Kichizi kama ndizi

Return to “Off topic”