Parkiteer

Discuss cycling as transport and the issues involved in commuting to school, work or to the shops.
Stephen

Parkiteer

Postby Stephen » Sun 28 Jun 2020, 10:17 pm

I live near Upper Ferntree Gully train station these days. There is no Parkiteer cage at UFTG station but there is a set of those old bike lockers. All of which have padlocks but I have never ever, seen anyone either putting a bike in or taking one out. I asked at the office if there were any vacant and how do I get to use one. They told me that they were controlled by Partkiteer. I do have an old Parkiteer card that I haven't used in about 6 years so for the last week I have been trying to contact BV about getting access. No luck so far. The phone lines ring out and there's no response from the "contact us" web form that I submitted.

So, does anyone here know anything about these old lockers? Does anyone here use one? Do Parkiteer really control them now?

Mike.Ayling

Re: Parkiteer

Postby Mike.Ayling » Mon 29 Jun 2020, 12:39 pm

I used to have one of the lockers about 30 years ago. a lot more secure IMO than a Parkiteer cage.

Re BV, with the possibility of reduced or no cash flows at all from ATB and GVBR this year they could well be laying off paid staff and volunteers may be staying at home.

1800 639 634 gets an automated response so I didn't press any numbers. Did the option to talk to a real person ring out?

Mike
E-Bikes - Great for the sick, lame and lazy.

Stephen

Postby Stephen » Mon 29 Jun 2020, 8:31 pm

I can't remember now. My mobile doesn't handle phone menu options well. I just remember hanging on for ages. I think I had to hang up to get off the train.

Tomorrow I'll take some twist ties and tie the latches held by the rusty old padlocks that look like they haven't been opened in years. If nobody touches them for, say, two weeks, then I'll just take some bolt cutters and open one up.

Mike.Ayling

Postby Mike.Ayling » Tue 30 Jun 2020, 5:21 pm

Stephen wrote:I can't remember now. My mobile doesn't handle phone menu options well. I just remember hanging on for ages. I think I had to hang up to get off the train.

Tomorrow I'll take some twist ties and tie the latches held by the rusty old padlocks that look like they haven't been opened in years. If nobody touches them for, say, two weeks, then I'll just take some bolt cutters and open one up.

You may find treasure in that locker!

Mike
E-Bikes - Great for the sick, lame and lazy.

Stephen

Postby Stephen » Tue 30 Jun 2020, 8:14 pm

Bit of an update: this morning I noticed a older guy inside the office so I thought i'd ask him what the story was. He said that they were all leased. I commented that I'd never seen anyone using them and asked if any were becoming available soon. But i didn't get much info, just that they were leased until the end of the lease! So now I don't really know. Maybe there are 8 keen UFTG cyclist commuters who just happen to be working from home due to COVID19. Not much more I can do about it. I may still put that twist tie on, just out of interest sake but I'll hold back on the bolt cutters.

Return to “Commuters discussion”