Mullum Mullum Creek path new bridges?

Discuss cycling as transport and the issues involved in commuting to school, work or to the shops.
Marx

Re: Mullum Mullum Creek path new bridges?

Postby Marx » Thu 17 May 2018, 9:26 pm

Just like the equipment in the original Thunderbirds TV series I like my bikes looking a bit dirty after a ride, to show that we've been through "an experience". :D
Just a bike & a place to ride.

Toyopet

Postby Toyopet » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 7:55 pm

Completion of the final section is imminent and an opening date has been announced.
16th September.
Happy days!

https://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/file/37501/download

Thomas Darragh

Postby Thomas Darragh » Fri 31 Aug 2018, 1:08 pm

Thanks for that post Toyopet. Took long enough for them to finish it. Must try it after the opening fuss dies down. Tom

mtb101

Postby mtb101 » Wed 05 Sep 2018, 9:30 am

great news, will have to have a look at the map to see what possible loops or ride possibilities this offers. I used to get to mullum mullum and go onto the road past the school, assuming now its all path.
__________flow................___________

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Wed 12 Sep 2018, 5:19 pm

Hmm so looking at the map at https://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/mullum-mullum-trail , it seems that the new trail is going to meet the existing one at the bottom of Park Rd, but part way up that bugger of a climb, only to go down again on the other side. Couldn't they have done better than that??!

cyclotaur

Postby cyclotaur » Wed 12 Sep 2018, 9:07 pm

hamishm wrote:Hmm so looking at the map at https://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/mullum-mullum-trail , it seems that the new trail is going to meet the existing one at the bottom of Park Rd, but part way up that bugger of a climb, only to go down again on the other side. Couldn't they have done better than that??!

To be fair I doubt they could have gone under Park Rd at the creek due to levels etc and it would be too dangerous to have an at grade crossing of Park Rd at that low point near the bridge, on an essentially blind curve.

It only comes back up Park Rd to the current crossing point which is near the bottom but has better sight lines. It's a similar treatment to what they have at the next road crossing at Old Warrandyte Rd.
Riding, not racing ... http://reddyneddy.blogspot.com.au/

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Thu 13 Sep 2018, 12:26 pm

cyclotaur wrote:It only comes back up Park Rd to the current crossing point which is near the bottom but has better sight lines. It's a similar treatment to what they have at the next road crossing at Old Warrandyte Rd.

I'll look forward to checking it out. Hopefully they'll put up some signage indicating that bikes and pedestrians will be crossing there.

Snuffy
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Snuffy » Thu 13 Sep 2018, 1:58 pm

Definitely need to go and check it out..... have been planning to take Lil Miss Snuffy on a simple overnighter to that caravan park on the trail, but the assorted road (and offroad) detours would have been a bit too hectic with the WeeHoo. Hopefully my legs are up to the task of hauling all of that mass over the hills on the trail itself....
Reaching new levels of softness!

GreenAlias

Postby GreenAlias » Sun 18 Nov 2018, 1:52 pm

Snuffy wrote:Definitely need to go and check it out..... have been planning to take Lil Miss Snuffy on a simple overnighter to that caravan park on the trail, but the assorted road (and offroad) detours would have been a bit too hectic with the WeeHoo. Hopefully my legs are up to the task of hauling all of that mass over the hills on the trail itself....

There are no serious hills - all gentle grades. Nothing that will stop you.

Snuffy
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Snuffy » Mon 19 Nov 2018, 7:54 am

GreenAlias wrote:
Snuffy wrote:Hopefully my legs are up to the task of hauling all of that mass over the hills on the trail itself....

There are no serious hills - all gentle grades. Nothing that will stop you.

Oh... I'm talking about the Nunwading -> Mitcham bit that I need to ride first to get there! :lol:
Reaching new levels of softness!

Return to “Commuters discussion”