End of Trip Facilities - Melbourne

Discuss cycling as transport and the issues involved in commuting to school, work or to the shops.
robxnlouise

End of Trip Facilities - Melbourne

Postby robxnlouise » Tue 03 May 2016, 8:38 am

Hello - I'm sure this topic has been covered a thousand times over but I can't find anything in the search.

I'm trying to locate an end of trip facility down near southern cross station.

It's annoying that the car park in our building has a bike cage privately owned to a government dept that won't allow others in, and our landlord to the building won't allow access to our actual end of trip facilities because it's too hard to work out access issues since it's now multi tenanted.

I know some other buildings like 15 William and 500 Collins all have EOTF but you need to be a worker in that building to access. Even the local gyms don't have any which I looked into. Anyone know of a solution?? Even happy if it is as basic as a bike cage and no showers etc.

Snuffy
Volunteer Moderator

Re: End of Trip Facilities - Melbourne

Postby Snuffy » Tue 03 May 2016, 10:24 am

The car park on top of Batman's Hill suggests that there's bike parking inside. Never been inside to check it out though - entry via Collins Street.

If you want a shower, there's this facility in Southern Cross Station
https://www.travellersaid.org.au/news/n ... price-list

Or I suppose you could join the gym
http://www.virginactive.com.au/home/our ... price.aspx

Neither are particularly cheap though...
Reaching new levels of softness!

robxnlouise

Postby robxnlouise » Tue 03 May 2016, 1:32 pm

Thanks Snuffy - I've looked into both those. Unfortunately Southern Cross has no bike storage, nor does Virgin Active or any other close by gym.

It almost makes me want to open up something down this end of town myself!

Snuffy
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Snuffy » Tue 03 May 2016, 7:25 pm

I mean...

Park the bike at the carpark at the top of the hill then use the facilities in Southern Cross?
Reaching new levels of softness!

wagger

Postby wagger » Tue 03 May 2016, 8:16 pm

Are you by any chance at 120 spencer?

Stretching my memory back a few years, there are multiple bike racks at southern cross inside at the bottom of the escalator on platform one (or could be under the escalator). Near red rooster that is on the ground level. Kinda near the luggage customer service area
Tell me what has become of my rights
Am I invisible because you ignore me?

Heather

Postby Heather » Tue 03 May 2016, 9:41 pm

It's a bit far away from SCS, but the gym at 750 Collins Street has basement showers. There is also a bike cage there - not sure if the gym membership/showe/locker swipe pass could get you into the bike cage as well...
I'm not bossy, I just have better ideas!

TrikeTragic

Postby TrikeTragic » Thu 12 May 2016, 5:46 pm

My current workplace at 535 Bourke St on the corner of William St) so 2 blocks east of Southern Cross has decent end of trip facilities (bke storage & change / shower rooms) at about $28 or so per month. Building is managed by Juilliards, see the concierge on the ground floor. Not sure if it's open to non-tenants - but ask...

Cheers
Trikester
Alan

BrokenBike

Postby BrokenBike » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 3:42 pm

I've just moved offices, bike parking and facilities are available but limited. I suspect once the weather gets better then there won't be much space left if I get to work a bit late.
Is anyone aware of anything around Flinders Lane and Exhibition? 101 Collins is next door but I've no idea what they have or if they allow access.

Thanks

beekerfan

Postby beekerfan » Wed 15 Jun 2016, 11:07 pm

I was in 101 until mid last year - very good facilities, although a lot of demand for the lockers. For tenants, access had to be arranged but was free - bar lockers. No idea if externals can get access.

2ndeffort

Postby 2ndeffort » Fri 19 Aug 2016, 5:17 pm

Hi guys, just started a new job on St Kilda Rd, down around the Chevron end. Building I work in has somewhere in the basement I could chain up my bike but no showers in the building. Not sure that sitting around all day in sweaty bib shorts will endear me to my new workmates. I could shamelessly wander around the nearby buildings pulling on doors hoping that one of them has a shower but I might get arrested in the process. I know there is a Genesis gym up the road but it will be expensive and I have zero interest in lifting weights, less than zero in a personal trainer yelling at me over my lunchbreak! Any ideas on end of trip facilities down this end of town?

Return to “Commuters discussion”